• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LA Times owner Patrick Soon-Shiong exploring a bid for the Angels

mmc

17 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

do some google searching on him.  he like controversy, owns a paper and has had some negative accusations relative to the way he does business.  

Doesn't seem like anything more damning than what Cohen was involved in though

On 9/10/2022 at 4:22 PM, AngelsWin.com said:

Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong, owner of the Los Angeles Times, is reportedly considering a bid to buy the Angels.

Soon-Shiong’s interest in the Angels was first reported by Sportico.

Angels owner Arte Moreno announced last month that he is considering selling the Angels. The process is likely to take months, at best. It could even take years.

Soon-Shiong partnered with Steve Cohen in an attempt to buy the Dodgers in 2012. Cohen eventually purchased the New York Mets.

Soon-Shiong is a minority owner of the Lakers.

Golden State Warriors owner Joe Lacob, who attended UC Irvine and worked at Angel Stadium when he was young, is also widely considered a likely candidate to bid for the Angels.

View the full article

Even take years to complete?

🤮🤮🤮🤮

I want the countdown to be 22 games left in the Arte Moreno era.

Edited by Angel Oracle

4 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Soon-Shiong invented Abraxame, a drug that is very effective against pancreatic cancer.  He is a self-made billionaire worth about $7b.

Maybe this guy knows how to cure the Angel’s often diagnosed organizational “cancer” ?

They already got rid of Pujols and Hamilton. 

21 hours ago, Blarg said:

They already got rid of Pujols and Hamilton. 

To be fair, Pujols wasn’t a cancer as much as he was just a representation of a bad contract and fading performance.  He was a dick at the end in my opinion, but I think it is better to judge him on the whole ten years.  Just a disappointment.

Hamilton on the other hand was a disaster loser, and he deserves no consideration.  I get that drug addiction is a “disease” but it is also important to note that sometimes the person that ends up addicted was a shitty person to start with.

Edited by Dtwncbad
Spelling