• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols playing for the Angels next year?

Maybe i should call this a fantasy scenario, , but I felt like following these idle thoughts to a conclusion. 

Pujols hit two homers tonight and is eight away from seven hundred. We know Albert is intent on his legacy and place in history. 

I believe he said he is retiring at the end of the season. Not sure about it, but it could happen. And if he retires, isn't he supposed to work for Arte with a personal services deal?

Say he falls one or two homers short of seven hundred. You would think he would still try to reach that mark. But does he still have a place with the Cardinals, who are are hovering around playoff territory and should be so next year too? Most likely if he doesn't retire they find a way to get him in for his milestone but they may want to move on with a younger or better player in that toster spot. 

On the other hand, his link to Arte could be interesting. Assuming the negativity of the last few years didn't factor in he may be an actual limited short term option on the field, 

His WAR this year is better than Walsh last time I looked. Believe it or not he has rebounded a little since he left the Angels. Nothing great, but not worse than Walsh at the plate. Of course he would have to platoon at first or give Ohtani a few days off at DH. Defensively he is a liability but he wouldn't play that many games and would be taken out late in games. The contract shouldn't be an issue because it probably will be just for a portion of the season, till he hits seven hundred. And Arte will be paying him anyways once he does retire.

Remember the personal services contract? The quest for seven hundred would be a minor storyline, but also something else to market for Arte. And a reuniting with he, Ohtani and Trout. At the least it would clear the air of the bad blood with the organization as he then retires from the field and floats into his front office career phase.

11 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

Maybe i should call this a fantasy scenario, , but I felt like following these idle thoughts to a conclusion. 

Pujols hit two homers tonight and is eight away from seven hundred. We know Albert is intent on his legacy and place in history. 

I believe he said he is retiring at the end of the season. Not sure about it, but it could happen. And if he retires, isn't he supposed to work for Arte with a personal services deal?

Say he falls one or two homers short of seven hundred. You would think he would still try to reach that mark. But does he still have a place with the Cardinals, who are are hovering around playoff territory and should be so next year too? Most likely if he doesn't retire they find a way to get him in for his milestone but they may want to move on with a younger or better player in that toster spot. 

On the other hand, his link to Arte could be interesting. Assuming the negativity of the last few years didn't factor in he may be an actual limited short term option on the field, 

His WAR this year is better than Walsh last time I looked. Believe it or not he has rebounded a little since he left the Angels. Nothing great, but not worse than Walsh at the plate. Of course he would have to platoon at first or give Ohtani a few days off at DH. Defensively he is a liability but he wouldn't play that many games and would be taken out late in games. The contract shouldn't be an issue because it probably will be just for a portion of the season, till he hits seven hundred. And Arte will be paying him anyways once he does retire.

Remember the personal services contract? The quest for seven hundred would be a minor storyline, but also something else to market for Arte. And a reuniting with he, Ohtani and Trout. At the least it would clear the air of the bad blood with the organization as he then retires from the field and floats into his front office career phase.

tracy morgan no GIF

“It’s like, once they released me, I dissolved my affiliation with them. There’s no emotion anymore. There’s no anything. It’s like to me they don’t even exist, organizationally.

“I still text with a lot of the players, I text with a lot of the staff. One of them called me (Friday). So we’re staying in touch.”

-Albert Pujols