• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols playing for the Angels next year?

On 8/20/2022 at 9:47 PM, AngelsFaninGA said:

He's basically proven that he'll only bother to play well for the Cards out of spite for anyone else

It certainly seems that way.

What the actual fuck has happened to Pujols this last month, did he ever have a span like this over the course of a month with the Angels?

I sure don't remember one.

Honestly fuck that guy, got his contract, packed it in for us, then decides to start trying when he switches uniforms and has a personal record on the line.

I hadn't thought about Pujols' "personal services contract" for a while, but the combination of maybe hitting his 700th HR for St. Louis plus a new ownership team for the Angels makes the thought of him spending 10 more years associated with this team even less appealing.  I really hope they just pay him the full $10M and let him go about his way.

On 8/21/2022 at 11:50 AM, Slegnaac said:

“It’s like, once they released me, I dissolved my affiliation with them. There’s no emotion anymore. There’s no anything. It’s like to me they don’t even exist, organizationally.

“I still text with a lot of the players, I text with a lot of the staff. One of them called me (Friday). So we’re staying in touch.”

-Albert Pujols 

Am I the only one who read two totally contradictory statements in two short paragraphs?