• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols playing for the Angels next year?

49 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

All th other stuff aside, I'm surprised he's got an actual shot to get to 700. Even just 2 weeks ago it looked like no chance in hell

I long for the day when we will never have to think about Albert Pujols again.

On 8/20/2022 at 8:53 PM, Duren, Duren said:

Maybe i should call this a fantasy scenario, , but I felt like following these idle thoughts to a conclusion. 

Pujols hit two homers tonight and is eight away from seven hundred. We know Albert is intent on his legacy and place in history. 

I believe he said he is retiring at the end of the season. Not sure about it, but it could happen. And if he retires, isn't he supposed to work for Arte with a personal services deal?

Say he falls one or two homers short of seven hundred. You would think he would still try to reach that mark. But does he still have a place with the Cardinals, who are are hovering around playoff territory and should be so next year too? Most likely if he doesn't retire they find a way to get him in for his milestone but they may want to move on with a younger or better player in that toster spot. 

On the other hand, his link to Arte could be interesting. Assuming the negativity of the last few years didn't factor in he may be an actual limited short term option on the field, 

His WAR this year is better than Walsh last time I looked. Believe it or not he has rebounded a little since he left the Angels. Nothing great, but not worse than Walsh at the plate. Of course he would have to platoon at first or give Ohtani a few days off at DH. Defensively he is a liability but he wouldn't play that many games and would be taken out late in games. The contract shouldn't be an issue because it probably will be just for a portion of the season, till he hits seven hundred. And Arte will be paying him anyways once he does retire.

Remember the personal services contract? The quest for seven hundred would be a minor storyline, but also something else to market for Arte. And a reuniting with he, Ohtani and Trout. At the least it would clear the air of the bad blood with the organization as he then retires from the field and floats into his front office career phase.

Might have to be the worst idea I’ve ever read on this site and I’ve read some doozies in here and the meat locker and the gentlemen’s club.  

I'd like to say what he's doing right now doesn't bother me but it does.  

@ten ocho recon scout this is for you

Special agent Utah.  This is not some job flipping burgers at the local drive in.
Yes!  The surfboard bother me.
Yes!  Your approach to this whole God Damn case bother me!
AND YES!  YOU BOTHER ME!

2 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

Special agent Utah.  This is not some job flipping burgers at the local drive in.
AND YES!  YOU BOTHER ME!

LOSE SOMETHING, BRAH?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 12:17 AM, Docwaukee said:

AND YES!  YOU BOTHER ME!

Guess we must have ourselves an asshole shortage!

30 minutes ago, cals said:

He hit 696 tonight.  Good for him.  He was always a class act here, though obviously his numbers were disappointing.  

Just another black eye for the Angels and really another example that Fatassian is in way over his oversized head.

He’s a piece of shit. Gtfoh with this garbage. 

59 minutes ago, cals said:

He hit 696 tonight.  Good for him.  He was always a class act here, though obviously his numbers were disappointing.  

Just another black eye for the Angels and really another example that Fatassian is in way over his oversized head.

Perry likey.  Perry want wingy.  

45 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

That would be...a waste of time...  

I can't believe Kiedis didn't win an oscar.  He should have been nominated at least.

You know my home (garage) and office are strewn with PB memorabilia.  I also have like 10 t-shirts with random point break pics and quotes.

10 minutes ago, cals said:

You know my home (garage) and office are strewn with PB memorabilia.  I also have like 10 t-shirts with random point break pics and quotes.

I may have known that at one point but I certainly expected it if I didn't.  

The sundae equivalent of that movie for me is green tea ice cream topped with corn nuts, hard boiled eggs, raw mushrooms, and lumpy brown gravy (all things that are disgusting) and then I tried it and couldn't believe and still can't believe how amazing it was/is.    

4 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

I may have known that at one point but I certainly expected it if I didn't.  

The sundae equivalent of that movie for me is green tea ice cream topped with corn nuts, hard boiled eggs, raw mushrooms, and lumpy brown gravy (all things that are disgusting) and then I tried it and couldn't believe and still can't believe how amazing it was/is.    

I believe that 200 years from now when college kids are studying our current culture that professors will use that movie as a guide.  Hot Tub Time Machine, too.