• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where are you on the "Hope Dial?"

Where are you on the "Hope Dial?"  

57 members have voted

1. 1. The Hope Dial

• Game Over, man - No hope, at least not for years to come and/or when Arte sells the team
    • There's a Chance! -- A sliver of hope; maybe Minasian makes some good moves and we see an upward trajectory, but I'm not optimistic
    • I'm hopeful! - Minasian will make some good moves and the Angels should start heading in the right direction
    • I'm optimistic! The Angels have too much talent, and I trust in Minasian to make the right moves to get the team back to contention next year

I’m hopeful.  I’m liking the way Rengifo and Fletch are playing- that doesn’t mean we don’t need another MI, but I’m encouraged.  Ward has won his spot in the OF.  Adell seems to be getting a bit better, I think given the potential he’s the LF to start 2023.  But given Trout’s health, the fourth OF needs to be starter quality.  The pitching needs a starter and a closer, but it’s nice to have some depth there.

The last two drafts give me hope also.

Franchise not over.

In addition to signing Ohtani, the team needs to add quality players at 1B, MI, OF, SP, RP, C.  This is the result of trying to patch together crews of shitty players year after year.  Looking forward to another Hail Mary off season.

Quotes Minasian can recycle from this year year to use next year:

1. We like our guys

2. We have a great clubhouse

3. Guys are working hard, getting in their reps.

4. Rendon feels great, the healthiest he has felt in years.

5. Trout feels greats and does not believe his condition will affect his play.

6. We're building a team to win a championship.

Edited by eligrba

I went with Game Over. 

The Angels are years away from winning. Personally, I think it'd be the timeframe when Rada and De Jesus are making a push (which means time to own up to mistakes and rebuild a bit). So say 2025/2026?

At this point, it doesn't matter who the GM is. We've finished year after year with about the same losing record despite having players like Rendon, Trout, Ohtani, Adell (as a top prospect), and a *decent* payroll. 

It also seems that injuries to Rendon and Trout are going to be an annual thing which severely exposes our depth. 

Our team is built to be fringe WC contenders with the following requirements:
1: Rendon and Trout stay healthy and play 145+ games
2: Walsh and Fletcher maintain 2020/2021 form
3: Adell is the top prospect he was supposed to be
4: Ohtani stays healthy

At this point, I only see option #4 staying true for the next few years (if Ohtani is still an Angel). All teams need luck to win/stay healthy, but it seems like the Angels solely rely on that. 

The Angels need help.

On 8/8/2022 at 3:18 PM, Angelsjunky said:

Which answer best describes your general attitude and degree of hope?

Based on the poll, no wonder there's always doom and gloom here! I picked the third option. I think the Angels always have a chance. I think we have pretty good talent and an owner willing to spend. We just need better planning.

I put no hope, but I do have some hope.  Just not that they will be competetive.  My sliver of hope is that they (Arte) finally understand their position.  They traded Iglesias and Syndergaard.  Hopefully this is the start of at least a small rebuild.  Ultimately I think they will resign Ohtani and then Arte will go back to pinching pennies and they will be stuck in the same cycle of mediocrity. But you never know.

I remember the internet freaking out on her meat curtains.

As for the question, I’m an optimist but also a realist. Arte is still going to spend on payroll towards the top of the league, but is it going to be on the right players (which it hasn’t been)?

But I’m also in a state of “Whatever, yo.” I have gone to the stadium to watch a game in years and don’t care to. I’m not wasting my time on a poor product.

I have a sliver of hope for next season.

Ideally, Arte goes all in to build a good team around Ohtani in an effort to convince him. But I'm not counting on that, and the only real hope I have is that maybe Perry can build good enough depth around a healthy Trout and Rendon underneath a new manager/coaching staff.