• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

finally got around to seeing The Martian

was good

not very much character development, i really had no knowledge or interest in any of the people throughout the entire two and half hours

but was fun to watch nonetheless and matt damon did fine

was a little goofy and lighthearted for the subject matter

and everything just kind of magically "works out" for him

only when he's going up in the auto-controlled part at the end to attach to hermes is there any sliver of personal emotion or potential for failure, that scene was great

but all in, an enjoyable science fiction movie without being super heavy science 

Edited by mrwicked

finally got around to seeing The Martian

was good

not very much character development, i really had no knowledge or interest in any of the people throughout the entire two and half hours

but was fun to watch nonetheless and matt damon did fine

was a little goofy and lighthearted for the subject matter

and everything just kind of magically "works out" for him

only when he's going up in the auto-controlled part at the end to attach to hermes is there any sliver of personal emotion or potential for failure, that scene was great

but all in, an enjoyable science fiction movie without being super heavy science 

I saw an interview with Ridley Scott and he said that, because his movies are often so bleak, he purposely made The Martian as lighthearted as he could. He said he wanted people to walk out of the theater after it ended with a positive feeling for a change.

Edited by Ray McKigney

I saw an interview with Ridley Scott and he said that, because is movies are often so bleak, he purposely made The Martian as lighthearted as he could. He said he wanted people to walk out of the theater after it ended with a positive feeling for a change.

ah that makes sense.

and we liked that fact about it.

a lot of those science fiction movies are super gloomy or stressful.

just different.

not my favorite movie of all time but we enjoyed it.

On 5/3/2016 at 10:38 AM, gotbeer said:

Anyone see or even heard of this movie?

Green Room

89% rotten tomatoes out of 140 reviews. 

Spoilers:

The best action movie out now cost just $5 million and is more intense than anything by Marvel or Disney

Yeah, I've been trying to find time to go see it and have been very curious about it since TIFF last year.

Have heard some comparisons to it being like a more violent Assault on Precinct 13 which I coincidentally rewatched recently . The director made a movie I believe two years ago called Blue Ruin which I'd recommend but have heard the tone to Green Room as a lot more fast paced

Watched a doc on Netflix called Fantastic Lies. It's one of those ESPN 30 for 30 productions. Really good. It's about the Duke lacrosse sexual assault case that happened back in '07. A lot of information I had no idea about. It's a way above average documentary. Anybody who liked Making a Murderer would probably enjoy it.

Edited by Ray McKigney

fair enough. i've only been watching for this season, so lots of things were lost on me as far as history goes, but on it's face it worked pretty well even for a novice viewer like me.

On May 4, 2016 at 3:05 PM, cezero said:

Re-watched season 1 and 2 of "The Fall".  

I think it's just as good the 2nd time. Season 3 is going to be crazy, but have to wait forever. 

The 3rd season will be the last one (5 episodes)

great show.