• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I'm not convinced it's over.

Maybe so (haven't verified that stat) but their pitching was good from start to finish....the rotation and the pen were solid...

agree, so the difference in their winning the division was their improvement at teh plate.

(and, yes, i verified the fact before i posted it)

agree, so the difference in their winning the division was their improvement at teh plate.

Hard to make the playoffs unless you're pretty good at both...you can get by sometimes with mediocre in one and really good in the other....in runs scored for all of 2012, the A's were mediocre (8th) so they must have been beyond putrid in the first half if they were tops in the league in the 2nd half and still finished 8th....but, pitching was very, very good from the jump....I'd always rather have the pitching to start with than the other way around....

Difference is Angels are mediocre in hitting, bad in pitching and horrible at fielding.

Perfect combination.

Take away the quotation marks and the source. It's always good for a laugh when someone doesn't get the reference and tries to correct you for not knowing your history.

"The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. Learn some history..."

The signing of the Tripartite Pact - which the Germans headed - gave the Japanese the audacity to attack Pearl Harbor.  So in a sense, the Germans played a big hand in the bombing. 

Take away the quotation marks and the source. It's always good for a laugh when someone doesn't get the reference and tries to correct you for not knowing your history.

"The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. Learn some history..."

I remember when some poster went off on someone for posting the Animal House reference a few years ago. Was definitely HOF material.

This is baseball. Seattle first had it's turn in the 1990's. The Angels had theirs in the 2000's and actually won a W.S. Title. The Rangers had theirs from 2010-2012 with no W.S. Title. The A's are now having theirs. It will turn again and hopefully soon.

you're right. the rangers had a whole 3 years of competitiveness. they don't have injured players returning or the tools to make trades.

Angels are 8 games back in the wildcard after 70 games.

With 92 games left to play...if they played .600 ball, that would be a record of 86 wins.  I dont see 86 wins being good enough for the wildcard.

With 92 games left to play...if they played .650 ball, that would be a record of 91 wins.  91-71 record for a .562 winning %.  I'm on the fence if 91 wins would be good enough, although I doubt it.

With 92 games left to play...if they played .700 ball, that would be a record of 95 wins.  95-67 record for a .586 winning %.  Likely good enough to get one of the two spots.

So...the question is.  Can the Angels play between .650 and .700 ball the rest of the season?  It's not likely given the pitching and poor situational hitting.