• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I'm not convinced it's over.

This is baseball. Seattle first had it's turn in the 1990's. The Angels had theirs in the 2000's and actually won a W.S. Title. The Rangers had theirs from 2010-2012 with no W.S. Title. The A's are now having theirs. It will turn again and hopefully soon.

You know that the A's have won 9 WS right?

Once upon a time (2011) the Cardinals were 10 1/2 games out and at the last moment decided eh what the heck let's play some baseball. Game 162 which started the magical run that lead to the most exciting 129 minutes of baseball history. From there the Cardinals then went on to win the World Series (I'd like to thank the Braves for their epic collapse that made this all possible)

I'm not saying the Angels will do what the Cardinals did, but until you are eliminated there is always a chance. 

There is still a lot of baseball to be played and hopefully the Angels can turn things around.  

:)

It's ironic how the young player who as a rookie GIDP to end game 162 for the Braves in 2011, is now their best player (Freeman). 

Back to the Halos, it would be nice to get the pen a little deeper, but since Burnett and Coello are both likely out until August and Madson is nowhere nears ready, I don't know where the extra depth will come from.

If Nibs Nibbler would just avoid the one Blanton-esque inning in almost every start, and Scioscia would come to his senses on Williams vs. Blanton, the rotation looks pretty decent to maybe solid, assuming Weaver will round into form the further away he gets from being on the DL for 7-8 weeks.

Hackilton and Callaspo have to hit much better as well.   Let's hope last night was a start, although some of us could probably give Harang a little bit of a battle at the plate.   (yes, sarcastic, but showing how bad he is)

It's ironic how the young player who as a rookie GIDP to end game 162 for the Braves in 2011, is now their best player (Freeman). 

Justin Upton might have something to say about that "best" label.

• 3 weeks later...

Once upon a time (2011) the Cardinals were 10 1/2 games out and at the last moment decided eh what the heck let's play some baseball. Game 162 which started the magical run that lead to the most exciting 129 minutes of baseball history. From there the Cardinals then went on to win the World Series (I'd like to thank the Braves for their epic collapse that made this all possible)

I'm not saying the Angels will do what the Cardinals did, but until you are eliminated there is always a chance. 

There is still a lot of baseball to be played and hopefully the Angels can turn things around.  

:)

Problem is for the division we aren't chasing just one team, but two teams that have more consistent pitching.  And the wildcard can be very tough to chase given the amount of teams, one or two of which will rise and make a run of it to the end.

I don't want to be negative, so I'll admit we do have a chance, just like I have a chance of winning the powerball.

Problem is for the division we aren't chasing just one team, but two teams that have more consistent pitching.  And the wildcard can be very tough to chase given the amount of teams, one or two of which will rise and make a run of it to the end.

I don't want to be negative, so I'll admit we do have a chance, just like I have a chance of winning the powerball.

We have to hope that one of Oakland or Texas goes on a tear (except against us) and wins the divsion by a landslide and beats up on other teams ahead of us in the wildcard. Then basically everything would have to break the Angels way from then on out to earn a one game coinflip (as misnomer as the Angels would almost certainly have a <50% chance. eg, a pitching matchup between Yu Darvish and Joe Blanton in Arlington)

Justin Upton sucks. I can't believe I trade Trout for him and Profar in one of my fantasy league's back in April. 

Why would you trade Trout? That was very Reaginsesque of you, Chuck.

So, which league was this in? And where can I join? :P