• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I'm not convinced it's over.

With as bad as we have been playing, we are only 8 games out of the wild card.

Not sure what needs to happen but this team has the ability and talent to put together a pretty nice run.

For those of you that jumped on the Angels bandwagon post 2002, here is a historical tidbit:

September 1995 the Angels had a 13 game lead in the AL West only to be in a tie with Mariners at season's end. We lost a 13 game lead in one month!!

As far as I can tell we still have 3 Months!!! to make up an 8 game deficit to make the palyoffs.

Hang in there Angel fans, we can still do this!!!

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"....Bluto, Animal House....

Take away the quotation marks and the source. It's always good for a laugh when someone doesn't get the reference and tries to correct you for not knowing your history.

"The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. Learn some history..."

For those of you that jumped on the Angels bandwagon post 2002, here is a historical tidbit:

September 1995 the Angels had a 13 game lead in the AL West only to be in a tie with Mariners at season's end. We lost a 13 game lead in one month!!

You are off in two ways here. First of all, the Angels were never up 13 games in 1995. The most they were up was 11 games. Secondly, that lead was in early August. By September 1 their lead had diminished to 6.5 games.

All that said, I agree with you. It isn't over yet. It looks grim, but I'm not cashing in my chips yet.

Playoff teams tend to have a knack for winning games that they normally shouldn't.

This team loses games they should normally win. 

True, it may not be over, but the above phenomena would need to completely reverse itself in a big way. 

I'll still cheer for them though.

Playoff teams tend to have a knack for winning games that they normally shouldn't.

This team loses games they should normally win. 

True, it may not be over, but the above phenomena would need to completely reverse itself in a big way. 

I'll still cheer for them though.

Nope, any team can win a game they aren't supposed too.  Happens all the time.  A shitty A's team holds the record for biggest comeback in a game. 

It's the teams that can blow other teams out consistently that are playoff teams.

We aren't going anywhere with our bullpen. I truly believe a lights out bullpen is the most important thing a team could have to help them on a playoff push. Unfortunately it's also probably the one thing that is almost impossible to predict. And it's quite clear we got it wrong this year.

I am not expecting much of this team so I can still enjoy the wins. If this team gets to .500 then I will look at the standings. Until then I will enjoy wins and not get overly bothered by losses. I will also eagerly anticipate the trade deadline to see what Jerry does for this teams future.

Mariners have a .5 game lead on us for third place.  We play 4 games against them at home.  

Chances we walk away in third place?  Remember, Blanton pitches on Tuesday.  

We need to win the series, before there is any thought to the wild card.

Pitching, pitching, pitching....always helps to have it...they did last year (2nd in the league in ERA), we don't this year...

They won the division because they started to hit. 

Pre- ASB = last in runs scored

Post-ASB = 1st in runs scored

I am more confident looking to beyond 2013 and getting things right.

But yeah, there's always a chance.   But for there to truly be one:

1)  Nibs Nibbler needs to stop having a Blanton-esque inning in most of his starts.

2)  Hackilton needs to resemble a solid hitter again.

3)  Kendrick has to hit like this for the rest of the season.

4)  Pujols needs to become more clutch than just once in a while.

5)  Callaspo needs to start hitting and throwing like a MLB player again.

6)  Blanton needs to go to the pen permanently, and Williams needs to be in the rotation permanently. 

7)  Someone needs to step up alongside Frieri, Jepsen, Downs, and Kohn in the pen. 

8)  Iannetta need to start hitting again.

That's a lot of ifs.

They won the division because they started to hit. 

Pre- ASB = last in runs scored

Post-ASB = 1st in runs scored

Maybe so (haven't verified that stat) but their pitching was good from start to finish....the rotation and the pen were solid...