• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022 PGA Tour thread

22 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

My wife says to me this morning:

”I don’t see what’s the big deal about St. Andrews.  The grass is dead, there’s no trees……it looks ugly.  Except for those cool buildings along the 18th hole.”

I told her, “Honey, I can’t talk to you right now.  How dare you?  Speaking ill of St. Andrews is like the equivalent of speaking ill of Mike Trout.  It’s unacceptable and won’t be tolerated.”

Now go make breakfast.

You should tell her, "well, it's a dog park."    

https://golf.com/travel/old-course-st-andrews-dogs-sundays/

I read an article a while ago where a golfer had his clubs sent to the wrong airport. He arrived at the tournament with no clubs and had to scramble on the phone with the airlines to locate them, then get a rental car to go get them at another airport. This happened to him twice, once before a Major tournament. 

52 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I read an article a while ago where a golfer had his clubs sent to the wrong airport. He arrived at the tournament with no clubs and had to scramble on the phone with the airlines to locate them, then get a rental car to go get them at another airport. This happened to him twice, once before a Major tournament. 

A similar thing happened to Viktor Hovland before this years Open Championship.  His clubs didn’t arrive until just before the tournament, and when they arrived, they were damaged. He contacted his club manufacturer, they overnighted him new ones, but he never got to even practice with them.  The only “regular” club he was able to use was his putter.

I’d say he did pretty well with the new clubs.

• 2 weeks later...

LIV Golf expanding to 14-event league in 2023 with $405M in prize purses

Some interesting notes.

The controversial new circuit announced Wednesday it will launch the LIV Golf League next year, which will feature 48 players on 12 established team franchises competing for $405 million in total prize purses over a 14-tournament schedule.

So sounds like they are going to have a max 48 players.  And that these 48 players are expected to play all 14 tourneys.  I've also heard they are going to cut non performers, both attendance and competitive.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Some interesting notes.

So sounds like they are going to have a max 48 players.  And that these 48 players are expected to play all 14 tourneys.  I've also heard they are going to cut non performers, both attendance and competitive.

14 events??!!!.  How can these guys commit to such a back breaking schedule?  What about all that talk about more “family time?”  

Meh.

15 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

14 events??!!!.  How can these guys commit to such a back breaking schedule?  What about all that talk about more “family time?”  

Meh.

Well, to qualify for the world golf rankings, you need to do 20 events a year.  Plus these are 3 day events as opposed to 4.  And they get paid no matter what.  

7 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Well, to qualify for the world golf rankings, you need to do 20 events a year.  Plus these are 3 day events as opposed to 4.  And they get paid no matter what.  

I know.  I was being sarcastic.

11 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Some interesting notes.

i need some math help here. they already have their 48 players, yet more players are announcing they're leaving the pga & dp tour to join. how does this work? are they bumping pat perez off the tour so bubba watson can join them? if so, what happens to pat?

Stenson just killing it in his first tourney.  6 shot lead.  

Gooch, Johnson, Reed, Poultier, Ortiz, Westwood, Garcia are the trailers.  Not a bad leaderboard.  

The pacing on the tv broadcast seems better also, compared to their first broadcast.  

For team play, only 2 strokes separate first and second.  Third is a distant.

20 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Stenson just killing it in his first tourney.  6 shot lead.  

Gooch, Johnson, Reed, Poultier, Ortiz, Westwood, Garcia are the trailers.  Not a bad leaderboard.  

The pacing on the tv broadcast seems better also, compared to their first broadcast.  

For team play, only 2 strokes separate first and second.  Third is a distant.

Which team won?

• 3 weeks later...

will zalatoris WD during the 3rd round because of a back injury. hope he's okay for next week's finale in atlanta.

patrick cantlay wins the bmw for the second year in a row, the first golfer to win the same tournament two years in a row during the current fedex cup championship series.