• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022 PGA Tour thread

On 9/26/2022 at 6:07 PM, Lou said:

I'm waiting for the LIV tour to put on their own event with a similar format if they continue to be shut out of PGA events. 

I think LIV absolutely needs to have some marquee events if they want to be competitive with the PGA for viewers.

the problem is how do you create marquee events, especially in competition against two tours and two organizations that already control the market.

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

I think LIV absolutely needs to have some marquee events if they want to be competitive with the PGA for viewers.

the problem is how do you create marquee events, especially in competition against two tours and two organizations that already control the market.

Cheerleaders and fireworks for every hole in one. 

7 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Every tournament is like the Phoenix Open.

In a weird way I always hoped this would pick up or be more adopted or something to shake it up like the WGC match play event, which is also one I look forward to every year. It somewhat sounded like LIV wanted to shake it up and incorporate ideas like the Waste Management. That event is fun and badass.

2 hours ago, St1ck said:

The are buying airtime on FS1. Like an infomercial.

On 6/16/2022 at 1:05 PM, Lou said:

Holy crap, the NBC coverage is practically unwatchable because of all of the commercials. 

On 6/16/2022 at 5:35 PM, Tank said:

during last weeks' tournament on cbs, the final group was teeing off on 18 and they did the split screen commercial thing. embarrassing and aggravating. nbc is doing the same thing.

we've let advertising dollars dictate these things, and it just shouldn't be.

On 6/16/2022 at 6:16 PM, Lou said:

I actually started counting. At one point, they aired 7 commercials followed by 4 golf shots. Then they went to the "play through" ads - 6 of them. Then they showed 6 shots followed by a break to show the JFK golf exhibit. After 5 more shots they went to a segment about the club. 

Then I watched cricket. 

On 6/19/2022 at 5:10 PM, Lou said:

The PGA and NBC are getting hammered for all of the commercials.

On 6/19/2022 at 10:04 PM, Blarg said:

Good. It was a poorly produced broadcast. 

32 minutes ago, Lou said:

We're talking about watching it on tv, which by your account we can't because it isn't on CBS or NBC. 

It was actually about wanting to watch LIV golf if it was on regular TV.

The topic became the Angels, of which, I’ll be watching live tonight.

If I can’t follow, I apologize.

10 hours ago, St1ck said:

The are buying airtime on FS1. Like an infomercial.

Cool. Where is the unlimited AMEX Black?

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/liv-golf-nearing-cable-tv-deal-with-fox?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=golfdigest

It's going to get done and this train is rolling whether you old whiteys like it or not.