• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022 PGA Tour thread

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Knowing how Tiger and JT trash talk each other so much out of fun, this fits in. But in the current climate of SJWs and a national lack of humor, it’s become an issue. Too bad. Even my wife thought it was funny. 

I almost want to be reverse "woke" and pissed that Tiger had to apologize and make a speech out of it.

The levels we are at as a society where people need to apologize for jokes with their friends is fucking ridiculous.

On 2/21/2023 at 3:23 PM, gotbeer said:

EA Sports’ lifelike Augusta National replication praised by club’s caddies

Too bad not on VR. This is something I'd love to play on the Quest 2.

This was a good read. Thanks for sharing.

I used to play that EA Tiger Woods game religiously back in 2011 or so. It was the only one that The Masters allowed license to. I used to know the course like the back of my hand because of that game.......the holes, the greens, even the names of each hole. The game was also the first to introduce what I call a "fun mode" which was great to play with girlfriends and resembled what Top Golf does these days and is just fun.

Excited to see what comes of this and what players will be in. I still have the trial version of the new 2K Sports game with Tiger on the cover and in the game. It doesn't blow me away. The Masters is my favorite sporting event, so seeing the detail and challenges will be something to look forward to.

On 2/25/2023 at 9:34 AM, Blarg said:

The Honda Classic has what looks like the Korn Ferry Tour leaderboard of relative unknowns. None of last week's top 20 seem to have played other than Shane Lowery. 

chris kirk won for the first time since 2015.

the benefits of a weaker field, for sure.

4 minutes ago, St1ck said:

Ratings for LIV Golf’s 2023 TV debut are in — and they aren’t pretty

https://sports.yahoo.com/ratings-liv-golf-2023-tv-163036303.html

"World's Funniest Animals" outperformed LIV Golf Mayakoba

i watched about ten minutes of play on sunday. it's a different format so it takes a bit of getting used to since you have all golfers out on the course at the same time. i really don't have feelings about it one way or the other.

the reactions on facebook and twitter are fascinating to read. there seem to be a growing number of supporters for liv, but those that oppose it are as adamantly opposed to it as they've been since it started. none of the stances are really making me reassess my lack of feelings about this new tour.

30 minutes ago, Tank said:

i watched about ten minutes of play on sunday. it's a different format so it takes a bit of getting used to since you have all golfers out on the course at the same time. i really don't have feelings about it one way or the other.

the reactions on facebook and twitter are fascinating to read. there seem to be a growing number of supporters for liv, but those that oppose it are as adamantly opposed to it as they've been since it started. none of the stances are really making me reassess my lack of feelings about this new tour.

It bounces around way too much. Cut to Cam Smith's 2nd shot on 16, cut to the Koepka brother putting for triple bogey on 12, now cut over to Sergio teeing off on 5. They never bother to go back and show how Cam Smith finished the hole. 

2 hours ago, Tank said:

I like the format.  Keeps it moving.  They do still need to perfect it though.  

Course in Mexico looked interesting though.  I love the bottomless pit in the middle of one of the fairways.  

BTW, looks like the PGA tour hates everything about LIV that they are copying much of it.  

PGA Tour approves radical schedule changes, reducing fields in elevated events and ending cuts

On 3/1/2023 at 12:14 PM, St1ck said:

It bounces around way too much. Cut to Cam Smith's 2nd shot on 16, cut to the Koepka brother putting for triple bogey on 12, now cut over to Sergio teeing off on 5. They never bother to go back and show how Cam Smith finished the hole. 

Haha  You watched.

Kitayama was cruising along with a comfortable lead then hit his tee shot nearly OB and was stuck with his ball next to the cart path edge and a hedge, tight against a wall. He walk away carding a 7 triple bogey on the 9th to drop to a 3rd place tie at -8.

Now Speith missed a relatively easy 6 footer for par and he drops back to -8. Meanwhile McIroy has recoverde from a rough front that saw 3 bogeys and 3 birdies to rack up 3 birdies on the back nine in four holes to take the lead. 

This is a money grab by a jilted ex that doesn't get to milk any more money or fame out of a celebrity so she wants to write a tell all book that may or may not be fiction in order to boost sales. That and Tiger is probably a freak in bed. 

42 minutes ago, Tank said:

back in high school i once hit a slightly damaged ball at the range and it split in half mid-flight. it was kind of awesome. 

If you ever go to a bunker and want to mess around, preferably at a driving range where you won't kill someone.  Put two golf balls next to each other in a row facing your target.  Take a good deep bunker shot.  One ball will shoot out.  The other will loft high and spin like a mo fo after hitting the green.  

Edited by gotbeer

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

If you ever go to a bunker and want to mess around, preferably at a driving range where you won't kill someone.  Put two golf balls next to each other in a row facing your target.  Take a good deep bunker shot.  One ball will shoot out.  The other will loft high and spin like a mo fo after hitting the green.  

looks like a lot of fun to try.

wish they would have used the far camera angle on the first two shots.