• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022 PGA Tour thread

51 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Aside from the music on every hole, team competition, shotgun starts, and 54 hole events…..you would be correct Lou.

ATLANTA (AP) — Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy are bringing their own version of team golf to the PGA Tour.

A day after Woods and McIlroy announced a new media venture called TMRW Sports, they unveiled a project Wednesday that involves 18 players competing in a series of matches featuring technology as much as shot-making.

It's called “TGL,” a tech-infused golf league that will be held in a stadium built for the occasion where fans can watch three-man teams compete in an 18-hole match — using simulators for the long shots, live shots for the shorter ones — that will take only two hours.

Just now, Lou said:

ATLANTA (AP) — Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy are bringing their own version of team golf to the PGA Tour.

A day after Woods and McIlroy announced a new media venture called TMRW Sports, they unveiled a project Wednesday that involves 18 players competing in a series of matches featuring technology as much as shot-making.

It's called “TGL,” a tech-infused golf league that will be held in a stadium built for the occasion where fans can watch three-man teams compete in an 18-hole match — using simulators for the long shots, live shots for the shorter ones — that will take only two hours.

I was reading about this yesterday. Looks terrible. 

i'd like to see touring pros play the courses many of us play.

let them get a taste of what we have to deal with at the local muni, where fairways are filled with crab grass and dirt patches, and greens are mowed occasionally. 

4 hours ago, Tank said:

let them get a taste of what we have to deal with at the local muni, where fairways are filled with crab grass and dirt patches, and greens are mowed occasionally. 

Bunkers that might be filled with sand, in the last 2 decades, raking optional.  And the pin position changed once a month.  Tee boxes that aren't quite level, and usually have a branch overhanging the one level spot.  And the 5 some in front of you, betting on every single putt from 1 foot out at a 20 minute a hole pace.  

4 hours ago, Tank said:

And you have the choice of a luke warm hot dog, stale turkey sandwich or a intestinal cleanser tuna sandwich from the back 9 snack shop. 

14 hours ago, Tank said:

paying to watch tour pros using simulators . . . yeah, no thanks.

It just seems like a bad idea all around. I can't imagine many golf fans have interest in watching them play a video game and I don't see this attracting non golf fans. 

22 minutes ago, St1ck said:

It just seems like a bad idea all around. I can't imagine many golf fans have interest in watching them play a video game and I don't see this attracting non golf fans. 

I've heard that if they put it on Apple TV non-diehard fans will watch in droves.

58 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

It's going to be hard to bring down Scheffler, who started his round yesterday at -10. After a 65 he enjoys a five-shot lead over the X-man.

still not a fan of this format.

i mean, it's great if you're the #1 or 2 seed, but if you're #30, it's not very likely you're going to make up ten shots on the guy who had the best season.

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Last place is guaranteed $500,000 and a spot in the Masters, U.S. Open, and British Open. That takes some of the sting out of losing.

Scheffler is playing well so I imagine the $18 million will be his come Sunday afternoon. He's such a solid player, makes few mistakes. Golf cannot be this easy.

Lee Corso says, not so fast my friend.

X-man destroyed the last 3 holes today (birdie, birdie, eagle) to finish with a -7 63 for -17 after 2 rounds, and draw within 2 shots of Scheffler.

X-man has the low actual score so far, -11 129.