• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022 PGA Tour thread

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

Great win for Xander! 

cough 

Yep, one of only two on the leaderboard to not break par today, and couldn’t even birdie any of the par 5’s, his strength

Still tied for 3rd though, tightening his President’s Cup spot and top 5 Fed Ex Cup spot going into the Tour Championship.

Edited by Angel Oracle

2 hours ago, Tank said:

will zalatoris WD during the 3rd round because of a back injury. hope he's okay for next week's finale in atlanta.

patrick cantlay wins the bmw for the second year in a row, the first golfer to win the same tournament two years in a row during the current fedex cup championship series.

Sounds like it might have been cautionary on Zalatoris’ part, let’s hope so.

On 8/21/2022 at 5:04 PM, Tank said:

will zalatoris WD during the 3rd round because of a back injury. hope he's okay for next week's finale in atlanta.

patrick cantlay wins the bmw for the second year in a row, the first golfer to win the same tournament two years in a row during the current fedex cup championship series.

Zalatoris (back) pulls out of Tour Championship

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/34446673/will-zalatoris-withdraws-tour-championship-presidents-cup-two-herniated-discs

the guy weighs about a buck thirty but can hit the ball 340 yards. that's going to take a physical toll on him at some point.

he seems like a good guy and he's been a terrific golfer. i hope he can recover from this.

a minimum guarantee of $500k seems like a good idea. imagine if you have your tour card but you have trouble making the cut or your payout of $2700 for the quad cities open isn't enough to cover your expenses for more than a tournament or two. i'm glad to see this.

one of the reporters on golf channel this morning was saying that if the requirement to play 20 tournaments was in effect now, there would be four players at eastlake who wouldn't be eligible, including rory, cam smith, and morikawa. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

a minimum guarantee of $500k seems like a good idea. imagine if you have your tour card but you have trouble making the cut or your payout of $2700 for the quad cities open isn't enough to cover your expenses for more than a tournament or two. i'm glad to see this.

In the past, there were a lot of stories of pros that make the tour living out of their cars and driving from stop to stop.  This is one of those changes that shouldn't have happened because LIV forced it.  It's been long overdue.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

You have to go all the way down to 164 to find someone that made less than 500k last year.

Official Money | PGA TOUR Stats

https://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.109.html

I'm all for players making more money but if someone is struggling to stay afloat on the tour it's because they just aren't good enough.

Edited by St1ck

58 minutes ago, St1ck said:

You have to go all the way down to 164 to find someone that made less than 500k last year.

Official Money | PGA TOUR Stats

https://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.109.html

I'm all for players making more money but if someone is struggling to stay afloat on the tour it's because they just aren't good enough.

it's tough being william mcgirt.

56 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

That’s just Mcgirt’s tour earnings.

I’m seeing Srixon and WheelsUp emblazoned on him, so there’s a few more coins he’s able to cash in on also.

Poor guy.

so besides free balls and hats and patches to sew on his shirts, what do suppose a guy like mcgirt earns from these sponsors each year? and then what do you suppose a guy like xander or or cantlay or scottie scheffler is earning from their sponsors? 

i'm pretty sure guys like rory and tiger are in another stratosphere altogether.

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

so besides free balls and hats and patches to sew on his shirts, what do suppose a guy like mcgirt earns from these sponsors each year? and then what do you suppose a guy like xander or or cantlay or scottie scheffler is earning from their sponsors? 

i'm pretty sure guys like rory and tiger are in another stratosphere altogether.

happy-gilmore.jpg

6 minutes ago, Tank said:

Rory makes about $35M A year from sponsors. That's why him calling out other golfers for taking the money is ridiculous.

54 minutes ago, Tank said:

I have no idea what the 164th ranked player makes in endorsement money, but I’d assume it’s more than you or I make annually.  Let’s, for shits and giggles, say it’s $200,000 for each company.  I have no idea.

Just now, PattyD22 said:

Aside from the music on every hole, team competition, shotgun starts, and 54 hole events…..you would be correct Lou.

I may have worded that wrong. I was referring to all of the changes the PGA tour has implemented being something that the LIV tour is already doing. 

28 minutes ago, Lou said:

I may have worded that wrong. I was referring to all of the changes the PGA tour has implemented being something that the LIV tour is already doing. 

I knew what you meant, buddy.  I was just channeling my inner Lou and busting your chops.

And honestly, it felt pretty good.  Now I know why you do it.