• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022 PGA Tour thread

12 hours ago, Lou said:

No need to worry, the head of the PGA said they'll do better in 2023. 

Crisis averted.

they're playing the us open at the los angeles country club next year. i'm interested in going. i went to the '95 pga at riviera and it was a lot of fun.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/34124761/brooks-koepka-becomes-latest-star-golfer-leave-pga-tour-liv-golf-series-sources-confirm

With his brother committed to LIV, can’t say this is all that shocking.  I don’t give 2 shits about Abraham Anser, so that don’t matter to me.

Its just my opinion but I used to really like rooting for some of the defectors, especially in the Ryder and President Cups.  Now?  Fuck these guys.  I was happy to see guys like Dechambeau and Reed play like shit at the US Open.  

Enjoy your blood money and obscurity.  Speaking for myself, I’ll never watch a minute of this “tour”.  Ever.  I hope it fails miserably 

Edited by PattyD22

33 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I am pretty ambivalent about the new startup. The game could use more players being able to compete for prize money and tin cups with their name on it at different venues, worldwide.

I think Rory nailed it in his US Open press conference @Blarg.  These guys are taking the easy way out.  Literally no pressure because there is no cut, and last place is guaranteed a payday.  Plus you have the stupid “team” aspect, so even if you don’t have your A game, hopefully your 2 other teammates can carry your ass.  Cool, it’s like your club’s team scramble.

Originally, I didn’t care too much because I didn’t think many of the top players would take the easy payday.  But I guess the lure of playing for free money, with limited TV access, in front of sparse crowds pumps the nads of some players.

I, for one, will stick with the Tour and not exhibition golf.  Call me a traditionalist.

you know how every year there are guys on the angels that we can't stand and wish they'd somehow be removed from the team? i think the LIV tour is doing that for golfers i don't care for - reed, bryson, and now koepka. i'm sorry that phil and DJ got caught up in this for the free money, but whatever. 

will i watch? may tune in occasionally but that's only if i remember. it certainly won't be like how i watch the pga tour.

the scramble format, while useful for the fundraising tournaments we all like to play in, doesn't add any kind of drama for the LIV tour. that's an element that fans want to see because it makes the competition better.

1 hour ago, PattyD22 said:

Literally no pressure because there is no cut, and last place is guaranteed a payday

I like that every professional that shows up and plays actually gets paid. The PGA makes players travel around the country all year on their own dime and 70+ of them don't make a penny. 

It's quite a racket. 

Something else to consider:

"Matt Jones said playing in just seven regular-season events and a team championship finale would allow him to spend more time with his three young daughters. He still hopes to at least be eligible for the majors, if not PGA Tour events. He acknowledged receiving a signing bonus from LIV Golf.

"I want to be around as a dad," Jones said. "I mean, I've been out here for 15 years. I've missed a lot of what goes on in my kids' life. I was raised with a mom and dad that were always there for me. They were there at every sporting event, every schooling event, and that's something I'd like to try and do for my kids."

Hudson Swafford is another PGA Tour member who plans to play in London. He picked up his third career tour victory at the American Express in January and has earned more than $9.65 million. Swafford has two children.

"I've got two kids now," Swafford said. "Not traveling as much is appealing. There's a lot of things that went into the decision. I still want to play the PGA Tour. I definitely do. I love the tour."

One thing also that is a plus in the LIV tour.  On a regular PGA tour event, it's just regular PGA tour players.  A few big names, but usually in just the big minor tournaments.  And mostly just Americans. What LIV is really doing well is bringing a whole contingent of the WORLD's players.  The PGA Tour is focusing on the US players.  But this is quickly becoming a type of makeup that you won't see in a PGA Tour event.   Going off an old list.  Obviously not the best of the players from other countries, yet.  But the list keeps growing, and it's not just the USA crowd.  It'll be interesting if the majors start banning LIV players.  Because they could be effectively banning the best from places like South Africa and Australia.  

USA 13

Spain 5

South Africa 9

England 6

Australia 7

Japan 3

Zimbabwe 1

Thailand 4

Germany 1

Northern Ireland 1

India 1

8 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

These guys are taking the easy way out.  Literally no pressure because there is no cut

Ahem....

The PGA TOUR will introduce eight no-cut events for the top 50 finishers on the previous season's FedEx Cup standings, multiple players told Golf Digest's Dan Rapaport.

LOL 

Unfortunately for the PGA, Patty won't be watching. 

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

Ahem....

The PGA TOUR will introduce eight no-cut events for the top 50 finishers on the previous season's FedEx Cup standings, multiple players told Golf Digest's Dan Rapaport.

LOL 

Unfortunately for the PGA, Patty won't be watching. 

I was going to try and link that, but I got too busy today.  I heard the news.  It’s a step.  Come on @Lou.  You know me better than that.

Just now, PattyD22 said:

I was going to try and link that, but I got too busy today.  I heard the news.  It’s a step.  Come on @Lou.  You know me better than that.

I won’t be watching that bullshit LIV exhibition.  The PGA?  I’m all in.

10 minutes ago, Lou said:

Even those 8 tournaments when the players are taking the easy way out? 

Especially.  I can honestly say I will NEVER watch a LIV event.  Ever.

But that’s just me

Edited by PattyD22

“Surprise, surprise motherfuckers”

All these fucks talking shit knowing they were padding the books. All of the Rory’s and Justin Thomas gents talking shit, “competition”, “greed”, etc.

Disruption is great and especially when it takes down a monopoly. Old whitey will talk about tradition, prestige, and honor but they put those two fucks as the head to combat this shit while making a shit ton in endorsement money, by the way, way more than they make playing and trying to act like everyone needs to play here for competition and integrity. Fuck off.

I knew shot was going downhill when they started having talking heads for the PGA and now this.

This is the exact same shit as the guy that will sell you the car for 50k and now can do it for 40k to make a deal. What changed asshole?

Fuck them. I still see no difference than the UFC, Bellator, and PFL. People can go and do as they want. There is still great competition and free market wins.

390B5256-1C9B-4871-8F68-D3A19B18AF29.jpeg

So they matched the LIV just for 8 events, which are probably the last events leading up and into the FedEx cup to try to be relevant.  No changes to the other 40 events the PGA Tour holds.  And even in the 8 events, the rest of the field outside of the 50 can get nothing.  

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

So they matched the LIV just for 8 events, which are probably the last events leading up and into the FedEx cup to try to be relevant.  No changes to the other 40 events the PGA Tour holds.  And even in the 8 events, the rest of the field outside of the 50 can get nothing.  

Players outside the top 50 aren't invited. 

There will be no cuts.