• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022 PGA Tour thread

2 minutes ago, St1ck said:

Is their goal of creating teams to get people to choose a favorite one?

For that tournament, I would guess. Plus, it gives players added incentive to not cruise once they're out of contention.

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

For that tournament, I would guess. Plus, it gives players added incentive to not cruise once they're out of contention.

Last place gets $100,000 in this tournament.  They'd have to finish 21st out of 156 to beat that in the Canadian Open.  And since team play only plays 3 positions I think, yeah, not much of an incentive.

10 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Last place gets $100,000 in this tournament.  They'd have to finish 21st out of 156 to beat that in the Canadian Open.  And since team play only plays 3 positions I think, yeah, not much of an incentive.

Team prize money:

1.  $3M

2.  $1.5M

3.  $500K

That's an incentive. 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

12 teams.

There were several teams in contention for the 3rd place money. 

That's right, it was 4 player teams, not 3.  

I don't know, the team portion just didn't seem to be a motivating enough factor.  More of an afterthought.  Maybe it'll change in a few tournaments when there isn't a runaway winner.

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

That's right, it was 4 player teams, not 3.  

I don't know, the team portion just didn't seem to be a motivating enough factor.  More of an afterthought.  Maybe it'll change in a few tournaments when there isn't a runaway winner.

I agree that it really didn't drum up much interest. 

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

The number wouldn't have changed much. 

This is a great move for Wolfe. Now he doesn't have to struggle to make a paycheck out of college.

On 6/6/2022 at 10:14 PM, St1ck said:

I don't blame any of these dudes for collecting those checks. I just still have no idea what the point of this league is though. 

Again I get it from a player perspective. Even for guys that are already rich like Mickelson and DJ this is an easy payday. For the dudes they snatched up from places like the Asia tour or Korn Ferry honestly it's a no brainer. 

My questions have always been about the point of the tour as a whole. The Saudis aren't dumb enough to think this thing will make them money, so why are they doing it?