• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022 PGA Tour thread

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Weren't Ike and Babe fun back then.  I was a Babe junior.  Can't beat $3 a round.  When the rough was 4 inches, the greens were faster than concrete, and the deep rough went up to your waist.  Not to mention that sometimes it was better to putt in the opposite direction of the hole if you wanted any chance of your ball staying on the green.  

Back in the day, they were the gold standard of courses in Southern California.  I know Industry Hills tried hard to land a tournament there, PGA or LPGA.  I believe the LPGA played an event there.  I always felt the Babe was a little tougher because of the narrow fairways, but the Ike greens were insane, like you mentioned.

Takes me back to the old days @gotbeer.  Thanks.  I also used to watch my High School girlfriend (who is now, and still my wife) swim at their complex up there.  Great facilty.

Edited by PattyD22

Just now, PattyD22 said:

Back in the day, the were the gold standard of courses in Southern California.  I know Industry Hills tried hard to land a tournament there, PGA or LPGA.  I believe the LPGA played an event there.  I always felt the Babe was a little tougher because of the narrow fairways, but the Ike greens were insane, like you mentioned.

Takes me back to the old days @gotbeer.  Thanks.  I also used to watch my High School girlfriend (who is now, and still my wife) swim at their complex up there.  Great facilty.

St. Lucy's?

5 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

West Covina.  It was their home complex since we didn’t have a pool.  It used to be Edgewood HS, but Industry was better, so they moved there.

My daughter went to St Lucy’s.  

For some reason, I knew it wasn't PC 

1 minute ago, PattyD22 said:

Back in the day, the were the gold standard of courses in Southern California.  I know Industry Hills tried hard to land a tournament there, PGA or LPGA.  I believe the LPGA played an event there.  I always felt the Babe was a little tougher because of the narrow fairways, but the Ike greens were insane, like you mentioned.

LPGA played there for 3 years I think.  They left because it was too hard.  They played it at the height of when Mickey the greenskeeper was most sadistic.

Also, one of the stories was that Tom Watson played Ike from the Black Tees.  He couldn't reach the fairway on I think it was hole #14.  He shot in the 80's.

Also remember that the tennis facility had a few pro events back in the day also.  I think this was before Indian Wells became big.  

The swim facility was most famous for the triple Lindy.  

Just now, PattyD22 said:

That’s funny @Lou.  She actually started at Ontario Christian, then went to St. Lucy’s.

My son went to Damien, and those PC girls were quite fun.  According to him.

No idea how it is now, but Ontario Christian was a very good school.

All the Dutch dairymen's kids went there. 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

No idea how it is now, but Ontario Christian was a very good school.

All the Dutch dairymen's kids went there. 

OCHS is still a good school, but the Dutch Dairymen sold out to housing developers like Kaufman and Broad, and the like.  Enrollment has dropped significantly and that was one of the reasons she transferred.

3 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

OCHS is still a good school, but the Dutch Dairymen sold out to housing developers like Kaufman and Broad, and the like.  Enrollment has dropped significantly and that was one of the reasons she transferred.

Yeah, my dad grew up on a dairy in Chino. The ones who stayed in business moved to the Central Valley. 

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Hahaha.  You've never seen that?  That was the height of the next generation of golfers that were supposed to take on Tiger.

I thought about it and then I said Kevin Naaaas

11 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Hahaha.  You've never seen that?  That was the height of the next generation of golfers that were supposed to take on Tiger.

Let’s not forget Anthony Kim, the next “great” golfer.  

Anthony Kim, who?

13 hours ago, St1ck said:

These were my original points.

I understand they have money to burn. My question is why are they doing it on this?

Do you think giving Mickelson $200 million just to join financially makes sense when trying to create a new league? 

i'll go back to my point about this being like the WHA and the USFL. the WHA poached gordie effin' howe plus his two sons, as well as that gretzky kid we'd been hearing about; the USFL grabbed up herschel walker. for a new league to get off the ground, they need names people recognize. since this is a worldwide endeavor, they've reached out to people they must think are recognizable beyond the US and Britain.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

i'll go back to my point about this being like the WHA and the USFL. the WHA poached gordie effin' howe plus his two sons, as well as that gretzky kid we'd been hearing about; the USFL grabbed up herschel walker. for a new league to get off the ground, they need names people recognize. since this is a worldwide endeavor, they've reached out to people they must think are recognizable beyond the US and Britain.

Herschel was 21 when he was with the USFL. Gretzky was 18. 

9 hours ago, St1ck said:

Any word on what the signing bonus Sergio received was?

Who cares?

I think people really don't grasp oil/Saudi money. The phrase fuck you money or Monopoly money look up to Saudi oil money. It's not even in the scope of reality. I don't get your hard on about this.

8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Who cares?

I think people really don't grasp oil/Saudi money. The phrase fuck you money or Monopoly money look up to Saudi oil money. It's not even in the scope of reality. I don't get your hard on about this.

Yep. They laugh at Elon. 

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Who cares?

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.