• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022 PGA Tour thread

1 hour ago, Lou said:

He's never played on the senior tour.  He was also ranked #1 in the world golf rankings for 331 weeks, a number only surpassed by Tiger.

For being a nothing league, these guys sure seem to be obsessed with it. 

That’s because Norman ignored me at the 95 PGA. This is all cosmic payback.

players have been getting peppered with media questions about the LIV. Koepka told reporters today they were missing out on a great US Open course because of their preoccupation with it.

he's not wrong. 

Edited by Tank

I haven’t been reading much about the US Open lately, but I’m still not sure why Dustin Johnson, Sergio Garcia and Oosty, we’re able to play in the US Open?

Is it because they got an exemption as past champions of majors?  Or is it because they never officially resigned as PGA tour players?

Regardless, in a normal situation, I’d be really rooting for DJ.  Not now.  To me, it’s like one of your favorite Angels players, like JT Snow, or Howie, or maybe Lackey, going to another team.  Even though I like the person, I simply cannot root for them anymore. (Even though I still did like Snow and Howie).

Edited by PattyD22

For the record, I put some money on a few players this week.  I put:

$25 to win on Morikawa at +1700.    
$25 for Top 10 on Sam Burns at +2500.      
$50 on Rory for Top 5 at +1100

This is definitely the slow season for gambling.  Thank God for TVG.  Only 80 days @Lou.

1 hour ago, PattyD22 said:

I haven’t been reading much about the US Open lately, but I’m still not sure why Dustin Johnson, Sergio Garcia and Oosty, we’re able to play in the US Open?

Is it because they got an exemption as past champions of majors?  Or is it because they never officially resigned as PGA tour players?

Regardless, in a normal situation, I’d be really rooting for DJ.  Not now.  To me, it’s like one of your favorite Angels players, like JT Snow, or Howie, or maybe Lackey, going to another team.  Even though I like the person, I simply cannot root for them anymore. (Even though I still did like Snow and Howie).

Sergio needed to qualify and didn't.  Not sure on DJ or Oosty though.

2 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

I got the answer.  The US Open is a USGA event and NOT a PGA event, therefore the rules of PGA don’t apply to this tournament, and the guidelines were established before the golfers defected.

So they get to play this year.  Next year?  Probably not.

So there is the answer.

1 minute ago, PattyD22 said:

I got the answer.  The US Open is a USGA event and NOT a PGA event, therefore the rules of PGA don’t apply to this tournament, and the guidelines were established before the golfers defected.

So they get to play this year.  Next year?  Probably not.

So there is the answer.

Yes, US Open is a USGA event.  British Open is a Royal and Ancient Golf Club event.  Masters is a private invitational.  PGA Championships is run by PGA of America, not the PGA Tour.  

So it's going to be a big question on if these four will change their stance or not.  

5 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Yes, US Open is a USGA event.  British Open is a Royal and Ancient Golf Club event.  Masters is a private invitational.  PGA Championships is run by PGA of America, not the PGA Tour.  

So it's going to be a big question on if these four will change their stance or not.  

I think the R&A and the PGA are partnered up together, and if I’m not mistaken, they’ve taken a parallel stance of the PGA.  

4 hours ago, Lou said:

Holy crap, the NBC coverage is practically unwatchable because of all of the commercials. 

during last weeks' tournament on cbs, the final group was teeing off on 18 and they did the split screen commercial thing. embarrassing and aggravating. nbc is doing the same thing.

we've let advertising dollars dictate these things, and it just shouldn't be.

40 minutes ago, Tank said:

during last weeks' tournament on cbs, the final group was teeing off on 18 and they did the split screen commercial thing. embarrassing and aggravating. nbc is doing the same thing.

we've let advertising dollars dictate these things, and it just shouldn't be.

I actually started counting. At one point, they aired 7 commercials followed by 4 golf shots. Then they went to the "play through" ads - 6 of them. Then they showed 6 shots followed by a break to show the JFK golf exhibit. After 5 more shots they went to a segment about the club. 

Then I watched cricket. 

I had the Open droning in the background in my office and I see what you mean about Ad proliferation. There used to be FCC rules about how much ad space can be inserted during an hour of any televised broadcast. I think the split screen is a cheat that is letting them double their Ad time and it would be nice if they got a collective dick slap for doing it. 

18 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I had the Open droning in the background in my office and I see what you mean about Ad proliferation. There used to be FCC rules about how much ad space can be inserted during an hour of any televised broadcast. I think the split screen is a cheat that is letting them double their Ad time and it would be nice if they got a collective dick slap for doing it. 

Not to mention the walking billboards they call pkayers. They're worse than NASCAR. 

Zalatoris has 10 ads total on his shirt and hat. Most have at least 7.