• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you still be an Angels fan if the team relocated?

mmc

Would you still be an Angels fan if the team relocated?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Would you still be an Angels fan if the team relocated?

• The Angels would still be my favorite team
    • I'd still be a fan, but they'd take a back seat to/be on par with a different team
    • No, I would follow a different team
    • I wouldn't really be into baseball anymore at all

8 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Would you still be a fan if you relocated? Seems like the answer to both questions should be the same.

There's lots of people who would be so pissed off and feel betrayed that the ownership moved the team that they would want nothing to do with them, as has been the case with pretty much every team to ever relocate.

Just now, mmc said:

There's lots of people who would be so pissed off and feel betrayed that the ownership moved the team that they would want nothing to do with them, as has been the case with pretty much every team to ever relocate.

Yeah, there is a huge difference. Sometimes the city pride plays a role. I'm sure some people bailed when they changed their name to Los Angeles 

I went through this with hockey. I was one of about 2,000ish people on any given night who would go see the old Colorado Rockies hockey team play. When they moved to New Jersey to become the Devils I still followed them and the old players. By the time most of them were gone the Nordiques moved to Denver so I had a new team to follow. So I guess I'd still follow the exploits of Trout and Ohtani but as the team changed my loyalty might change with it

Edited by arch stanton

20 years ago I might have cared because I went to a bunch of games.  It's not even remotely convenient for me to go anymore but they're close enough where I might a couple time a year at most.  For awhile I was trying to get my kids interested but that didn't take.  So that could have made a difference but it likely wouldn't.  

So for me personally, I don't think my level of interest would change much.  It's dwindling out of frustration for how the franchise is being run and not because of their location.  

There's no MLB team here in Boise so I've continued to follow the Angels, as I have done for the last 35 years or so.

But, I'm feeling less and less of a connection to the team as years go by. So even if they stay in Anaheim it's likely I'll give up on them at some point.

If the Angels were to move to North Carolina for example I would probably lose interest much sooner.

2 hours ago, Lou said:

Depends on where they moved to. 

Long Beach? Yes. 

Ames, Iowa? No.

This is where I stand on this too!

Anaheim needs to man up and make it work. 

The only more annoying and irritating sports subject than the CBA is the subject of relocation.  

3 hours ago, Taylor said:

Would you still be a fan if you relocated? Seems like the answer to both questions should be the same.

Ive thought about this a lot. Not saying I would change teams, but if say you moved to the east, and the games came on at 10 at night.... vs the local team you can watch every night...

I cant see myself ever not being an angel fan (much less cheering for an al east team), but I wonder if i wouldnt start paying more attention to the local team

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I went through this with hockey. I was one of about 2,000ish people on any given night who would go see the old Colorado Rockies hockey team play. When they moved to New Jersey to become the Devils I still followed them and the old players. By the time most of them were gone the Nordiques moved to Denver so I had a new team to follow. So I guess I'd still follow the exploits of Trout and Ohtani but as the team changed my loyalty might change with it

Thats how I was when the Raiders moved back to oakland.... once the last of my guys retired, I became a non committed charger fan, just because they were the only home team

well - at this point at least - you can't point the finger at the City of Anaheim -- after a bad start they course corrected and provided Arte and the Angels franchise with a proposal that works for everyone -- except I guess the bureaucrats in Sacramento.

City of Anaheim got it done - only for the bureaucrats to rip it away.

Arte & the Angels ? They are dealing with economic reality in an uncertain world - they can't wait around for the bureaucrats to get educated on project financing and how investment works.......

Anaheim residents should be really upset with Sacramento over all this.

I've never lived in SoCal, so it is a non-issue for me. When I lived in Portland OR from 1996-2007, I hoped they would relocate up there, but I don't really care where the franchise is centered. I don't think i could stop being a fan, even if I tried (and I tried once or twice back in the 90s). I can't quit them.

mountain GIF

Edited by Angelsjunky

6 hours ago, Tank said:

I went thru this when the Rams moved to St. Louis. Had no interest in them or what they did, and when they won the super bowl, it was irritating.

If the halos moved out of state, my loyalty to them would also leave. 

I think that's the nuance missing from the "poll" - if Arte just pulled up stakes and moved the team somewhere for purely personal financial reasons - (and  like Georgia & co, seemingly deliberately ran the team into the ground before they left so they could leave  - for the young 'uns, the owner in the movie Major League was almost certainly based on Georgia Frontiere - them going on to win the SB in St Louis were the peanuts in that shit sandwich - but I digress) - existing fans would probably feel pretty pissed off.  

But I think if ppl thought Arte did everything he could, but that the gov drove him to move the team, people might be more forgiving.  

Then again, like Doc says, the way the franchise is being run has definitely hurt my interest in the team - this Groundhog Day effect where nothing ever changes, because of what looks like a greater commitment to real estate development than player/team development.  

But like St. Louis, and with Trout and Ohtani on the roster, he could move the team anywhere and pack a stadium with new fans, while Angels fans are kinda getting fatigued by the same old...