• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you still be an Angels fan if the team relocated?

mmc

Would you still be an Angels fan if the team relocated?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Would you still be an Angels fan if the team relocated?

• The Angels would still be my favorite team
    • I'd still be a fan, but they'd take a back seat to/be on par with a different team
    • No, I would follow a different team
    • I wouldn't really be into baseball anymore at all

On 12/29/2021 at 11:27 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

The fact that they are still talking to Oakland despite making multiple trips here and putting in a bid on a potential stadium site tells me not to write off the Bay Area just yet.

Well, maybe - but then there's seemingly no rush right now -- MLB lock out has stalled all baseball activity - so it seems.

Hey - Vegas Halo Fan -- speaking of Las Vegas professional sports -- big game coming up Saturday January 8 at T-Mobile  Arena (if COVID variant stuff does not cancel it out) -- Marc Andre Fleury returns to Las Vegas against the Golden Knights for the first time since that horrible - right after the playoffs trade - to the Chicago Blackhawks.  Fleury still beloved in Vegas -- was really their first pro franchise 'face of the franchise' star guy.  I hope the game does not get cancelled. Golden Knights fans are great loyal fan base -- going to a game there is an event in itself.  I think Vegas could bring a similar fanbase to the A's -- major upgrade.  On Saturday night - expect a lot of VGK No. 29 Fleury jerseys and lot of cheering for the opposing team's goaltender.

14 hours ago, disarcina said:

Well, maybe - but then there's seemingly no rush right now -- MLB lock out has stalled all baseball activity - so it seems.

Hey - Vegas Halo Fan -- speaking of Las Vegas professional sports -- big game coming up Saturday January 8 at T-Mobile  Arena (if COVID variant stuff does not cancel it out) -- Marc Andre Fleury returns to Las Vegas against the Golden Knights for the first time since that horrible - right after the playoffs trade - to the Chicago Blackhawks.  Fleury still beloved in Vegas -- was really their first pro franchise 'face of the franchise' star guy.  I hope the game does not get cancelled. Golden Knights fans are great loyal fan base -- going to a game there is an event in itself.  I think Vegas could bring a similar fanbase to the A's -- major upgrade.  On Saturday night - expect a lot of VGK No. 29 Fleury jerseys and lot of cheering for the opposing team's goaltender.

Tickets for that game are going for insane prices. I bought tickets for tonight's game against Nashville for about $50.

On 1/4/2022 at 12:33 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Tickets for that game are going for insane prices. I bought tickets for tonight's game against Nashville for about $50.

Fleury wins !! Video tribute (about a minute long) very nice but thought Fleury deserved more. All the pre-game build top stories about Fleury's return just seemed to re-ignite the ridiculousness of that entire trade and the way the ownership/management handled it.  Marc Andre Fleury displayed his trademark humor and class act throughout the return visit - refused to play the bitter spurned player - which if any player had the right to do - probably him -- how many players in pro sports get to become the FIRST real 'face of the franchise' player for the FIRST professional sports team in their town, be an expansion team that has a break out playoff run the initial season, is a contender from the first day of the franchise and has repeat contending years, playoff runs where the player gets named the top at his position (goalie) in the league -- that's Fleury.  He literally got salary dumped for a bucket used pucks. That's no way to treat a future (500 wins in goal now ! - a milestone that should have occurred in a familiar VGK #29 jersey) Hall of Fame, Franchise player. Glad he won Saturday night.  VGK scene at T Moble is truly IMO one of the best sports fan experiences available today -- my son and his wife live in Vegas and have been VGK / Fleury fans since DAY ONE.  The TV coverage did not do justice to the love and respect the VGK nation showed Fleury Saturday night . He certainly has earned that respect. Just can't stand to see him in a Hawks jersey with a team that's in a re-building mode that will last probably through the end of Fleury's career --

It would probably depend on where they moved. Georgia Frontiere forever earned the moniker "The Bitch" when she moved the Rams to STL, so I stopped following the Rams (I was already a fan of the Broncos). Now that they're back in LA, I have mixed feelings.

On the one hand, they burned bridges with that move to STL, and I'm not sure that I can trust them again. On the other hand, the Broncos have sucked for years and I'm probably moving away from the Denver area, so...