• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 College Football Thread

I had my first taste (well, more of a binge feast) of CFB yesterday, under the excellent tutelage of @Lou and I thoroughly enjoyed it. What a brilliant game to watch, so much quicker and intense than NFL seems to be on TV. Great crowds too.

Started with the 1st Q of the Oregon vs Oregon Ducks game which was a great start. Then 3 Q's of the Alabama Auburn game, which was just ridiculous entertainment and some great football, those guys really don't like each other. Oklahoma vs Oklahoma was next and equally didn't disappoint with some brilliant plays and tragic mistakes throughout the game. Both games could have gone either way in the final minutes of the fourth quarter. I even watched the first half of UCLA's beating of CAL.

Brilliant fun. Can't wait to waste next Saturday night doing the same. Thanks Lou!

1 hour ago, WicketMaiden said:

I had my first taste (well, more of a binge feast) of CFB yesterday, under the excellent tutelage of @Lou and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Brilliant fun. Can't wait to waste next Saturday night doing the same. Thanks Lou!

@WicketMaidenif you thought this weekend was fun for college football, wait until NEXT weekend.  Conference championship on the line, and hopefully, spots in the college football playoffs on the line.

Im sorry @Loumade you watch PAC12 football though.  That doesn’t necessarily count…..aside from UCLA, of course.

1 hour ago, PattyD22 said:

@WicketMaidenif you thought this weekend was fun for college football, wait until NEXT weekend.  Conference championship on the line, and hopefully, spots in the college football playoffs on the line.

Im sorry @Loumade you watch PAC12 football though.  That doesn’t necessarily count…..aside from UCLA, of course.

Yes, looking forward to next weekend. How many more rounds of games in the post-season are coming up?

Too early for me to say about the football yet, but the PAC12 definitely have the best uniforms. Those Oregon uni's were wild on both teams, they looked like guys in Marvel costumes running about the place at times. The UCLA ones were really cool though, loved their colours, instantly became one of my favourite uniforms in all sports. They played some pretty good football too.

16 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Yes, looking forward to next weekend. How many more rounds of games in the post-season are coming up?

Too early for me to say about the football yet, but the PAC12 definitely have the best uniforms. Those Oregon uni's were wild on both teams, they looked like guys in Marvel costumes running about the place at times. The UCLA ones were really cool though, loved their colours, instantly became one of my favourite uniforms in all sports. They played some pretty good football too.

I will say that the PAC12 does have the most colorful uniforms in college football.  Some are very traditional, like USC, UCLA, ASU and Washington.  Oregon’s uniforms are a gimmick to detract you from mediocre football.

Some college football teams have very traditional uniforms and don’t tinker with that tradition.  Teams like Alabama, Penn State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Texas just to name a few (already mentioned USC and UCLA) try and stay true to their traditional uniforms, or at the very least, tinker very little with it.

Honestly, it’s what makes college football so great.  That and their fan bases.

30 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Honestly, it’s what makes college football so great.  That and their fan bases.

I really liked the pace of play. The players seemed to get on with the game more, seemed to be enjoying it more, like they couldn't wait to get back into it again and didn't want to miss a second.  

And yes the crowds are great, really into it and a big part of the game. Huge stadia too. 

The overall quality of player, the plays they made on both sides of the ball, the stadia, fan experience, and all-round entertainment was way above what I was expecting. Much more fun than wading through 3 hours of adverts for 60 minutes of NFL.

19 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

I really liked the pace of play. The players seemed to get on with the game more, seemed to be enjoying it more, like they couldn't wait to get back into it again and didn't want to miss a second.  

And yes the crowds are great, really into it and a big part of the game. Huge stadia too. 

The overall quality of player, the plays they made on both sides of the ball, the stadia, fan experience, and all-round entertainment was way above what I was expecting. Much more fun than wading through 3 hours of adverts for 60 minutes of NFL.

Nothing like it, mate

9 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

I don't know much about Napier other than what I have read. He coached under Dabo Swinney at Clemson and Nick Saban at Alabama, and both vouch for him and his ability. He has won ten games each of the last three years at Louisiana, something that they had never achieved before he arrived. He is reputed to be a relentless recruiter, something that has been sorely lacking in Gainesville. He has recruited elite players and he knows from the inside how elite programs work, so there's that.

My other alma mater just lost Lincoln Riley to USC, however.

2 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Brian Kelly leaving Notre Dame for LSU, according to reports.

Yep it’s happening according to Pete Thamel and many others.  In typical Brian Kelly fashion, like he did when he pulled this at Cincinnati, he failed to tell his assistant coaches or his players about his intent.

The difference between Riley leaving Oklahoma and Kelly leaving ND is this….Riley was liked at OU, Kelly wasn’t as loved at ND.  Brian Kelly never embraced the culture at ND, and many ND fans won’t be shedding tears as he takes his shit to LSU.