• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 College Football Thread

5 hours ago, RallyMo said:

So I hadn't really kept up with this, but apparently Wilcox was offered and rejected the Oregon job per multiple sources. I find that hard to believe given what we've seen of him, but OK.

He's getting an extension with a nice raise through 2025.

Congrats.

5 hours ago, mmc said:

This is pretty crazy

The rumored number in Pete Thamel’s tweet is $2 million.  Hard to pass up 2 million as an 18 year old kid.  The landscape of college football is really teetering right now, IMO…..even though I’m glad these kids are getting the money the University was making off their backs.

ABDF293F-C6B5-4DEA-9CC7-A96EA8724B96.jpeg

Edited by PattyD22

The Big 10 snuck in with a late run also.  Penn State and Michigan joined Ohio State in the Top 10 for the early period.  

I did hear some recruits were going to wait until the February signing day to try and cash in on their All Star games and sign lucrative NIL deals.

YouTube TV couldn't come to terms with Disney, so they dropped all the Disney-owned channels which essentially means all of ABC, ESPN, FX, Disney, etc.

Kind of sucks if you want to watch college bowl games.

Edit: One day later an agreement was reached.

3 hours ago, Lou said:

Bo Nix to Oregon.

This is a very interesting transfer, seeing as they will have a new coach and a new staff.  I get he gets to re-connect with his old QB coach but this is probably going to be a new system.

Maybe he just wants some free Nike swag?  Odd move

Edited by PattyD22

46 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

This is a very interesting transfer, seeing as they will have a new coach and a new staff.  I get he gets to re-connect with his old QB coach but this is probably going to be a new system.

Maybe he just wants some free Nike swag?  Odd move

Reuniting with his former coach and having only to beat out a guy who completed 7 passes this year are 2 good reasons why he chose Oregon.

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

Reuniting with his former coach and having only to beat out a guy who completed 7 passes this year are 2 good reasons why he chose Oregon.

Let’s just call it what it is Lou.  The PAC ain’t the SEC.

But your point stands and is valid.

Edited by PattyD22

12 hours ago, Lou said:

Not sure why you made this comment. If anyone knows knows the Pac12 isn't the SEC it's me. 

I know you do @Lou, and it wasn’t a slight on you and I apologize if taken that way.

I mean for Nix, as a legacy kid at Auburn, maybe the expectations were unrealistic?  Maybe his freshman year, he set the bar too high?  Maybe being in the SEC and playing on National TV every week was too much?  

Going to the PAC12, where expectations are a little lower, coupled with hooking up with his freshman QB/OC at Auburn, is what he needs?  I’m sure that’s his mindset.  

No disrespect intended.

On 12/18/2021 at 2:25 PM, Jay said:

YouTube TV couldn't come to terms with Disney, so they dropped all the Disney-owned channels which essentially means all of ABC, ESPN, FX, Disney, etc.

Kind of sucks if you want to watch college bowl games.

Edit: One day later an agreement was reached.

Shocking News: Deal made. 

Down goes the Gator Bowl for now.  I don’t think this will be the first bowl that this happens to.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/texas-a-m-out-of-gator-bowl-vs-wake-forest-due-to-covid-19-issues-within-aggies-program-per-reports/

Edited by PattyD22

UCLA/NC State Holiday bowl game canceled.  Sorry @Lou.

It sucks because I had the first half and total score under in my parlay.  Crap

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/holiday-bowl-canceled-just-hours-before-game-due-to-ucla-covid-19-issues-per-report/

Edited by PattyD22

7 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

UCLA/NC State Holiday bowl game canceled.  Sorry @Lou.

It sucks because I had the first half and total score under in my parlay.  Crap

4 hours before kick off lol

Sucks for the players, especially NC State. 

can’t believe people are putting up with this nonsense 

give chip and azz their extensions now