• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 College Football Thread

43 minutes ago, nando714 said:

4 hours before kick off lol

Sucks for the players, especially NC State. 

can’t believe people are putting up with this nonsense 

give chip and azz their extensions now 

To your point @nando714.  A very unhappy NC State player.

5F1C6B35-1BC1-46BE-B195-AF6ADC87F605.jpeg

Edited by PattyD22

21 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I know nobody wanted to lock all these guys down during Christmas but damn that's a lot of positive tests after the weekend. 

Case in point - before kickoff, Miss State announced that 10 players who contribute, including 4 starters, are not playing. They were 10.5 point favorites. They are currently down 10-0.

37 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Testing up to game time? Sounds like Chip was looking for a way out of this game. I guess you can’t blame him for avoiding an ass whipping with half his team out. A game he probably wins easily at full strength. 

Sounds like the NC players and their Coach are hinting at Chip Kelly let the players vote on if they wanted to play the game, and their answer was “no.”

Again, this is coming from the NC State camp.

EADB2753-AE51-44E5-895E-285F15275726.jpeg

42 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Sounds like the NC players and their Coach are hinting at Chip Kelly let the players vote on if they wanted to play the game, and their answer was “no.”

Again, this is coming from the NC State camp.

EADB2753-AE51-44E5-895E-285F15275726.jpeg

This wouldn’t surprise me but Likely the coaches and donors played a part in it. They had a decent season and getting their ass whipped in a non BCS game could hurt recruiting. Probably a few hundred dollar hand shakes convinces the guys this game wasn’t worth playing. 

On 12/20/2021 at 9:37 AM, PattyD22 said:

I know you do @Lou, and it wasn’t a slight on you and I apologize if taken that way.

I mean for Nix, as a legacy kid at Auburn, maybe the expectations were unrealistic?  Maybe his freshman year, he set the bar too high?  Maybe being in the SEC and playing on National TV every week was too much?  

Going to the PAC12, where expectations are a little lower, coupled with hooking up with his freshman QB/OC at Auburn, is what he needs?  I’m sure that’s his mindset.  

No disrespect intended.

Nix was wildly inconsistent at Auburn.

"With today's COVID results, our medical staff deemed it unsafe for us to compete this evening," Jarmond wrote. "While we had isolated COVID challenges, we were still in a position to compete up until today."

and...

Wolfpack receiver Thayer Thomas suggested on Twitter that the Bruins backed out of the game after voting not to play, an assertion immediately refuted by UCLA players.

“There was no vote on whether we should play or not,” Bruins offensive lineman Paul Grattan Jr. said. “Now dudes are just making stuff up for likes and retweets. My family flew across the country just like yours did. EVERYONE wanted to play this game.”

Dumbasses 

4 hours ago, Lou said:

My point is they likely had enough players to play. It’s obvious they were missing key players and determined that it wasn’t beneficial for the program to play. Maybe they held out until the last minute in hopes of some previously positive players testing negative but they really screwed State in the process.   I doubt the players voted against playing   If they did, the coach is never going to admit that publicly. It’s quite possible the school could face financial penalties for simply choosing not to play. The easiest way out was the medical option which removes all liability. I don’t blame the school or the program for acting in their best interest but they should have made a decision earlier. Don’t go on tv and say that you will play with 11 of you don’t intend on doing it. 

The players didn't vote. 

The players and coaches don't have a say in whether or not they play. 

They only had 2 eligible defensive linemen. 

A lot of the players who were put in Covid protocol were done so on Tuesday. Without that happening, they could have played. 

They are not allowed to play with only 11 players. Hell, they can't play with only 50 players. It's an NCAA regulation. 

7 hours ago, Lou said:

The players didn't vote. 

The players and coaches don't have a say in whether or not they play. 

They only had 2 eligible defensive linemen. 

A lot of the players who were put in Covid protocol were done so on Tuesday. Without that happening, they could have played. 

They are not allowed to play with only 11 players. Hell, they can't play with only 50 players. It's an NCAA regulation. 

The NCAA doesn’t govern the independent bowl games. These guidelines are decided by conferences and the bowls themselves. The covid minimum player rules is a suggestion that allows the school to opt out but does Not prevent the school from playing with fewer than 53 players. Schools can ignore the roster and position guidelines if they choose  Now I don’t know the Holiday bowl’s guidelines are but these things can be fluid if needed. The pac 12 just adjusted their basketball limits to 7 last week.  A school can still play with 5 if they choose to do so. Bottom line Ucla didn’t want to play with a make shift roster and I don’t blame them. They just waited too long to make the call. 

22 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

They just waited too long to make the call. 

But a person with direct knowledge of UCLA’s situation said the Bruins received positive COVID test results of symptomatic players Tuesday morning. As with N.C. State at the College World Series, the additional positive tests created contact-tracing issues for other unvaccinated players.

UCLA’s doctors at that point determined that UCLA no longer had enough defensive linemen to safely play — and UCLA would not have been able to play under the guidelines the Pac-12 used in 2020.