• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 College Football Thread

13 minutes ago, Lou said:

But a person with direct knowledge of UCLA’s situation said the Bruins received positive COVID test results of symptomatic players Tuesday morning. As with N.C. State at the College World Series, the additional positive tests created contact-tracing issues for other unvaccinated players.

UCLA’s doctors at that point determined that UCLA no longer had enough defensive linemen to safely play — and UCLA would not have been able to play under the guidelines the Pac-12 used in 2020.

I think the school made the right decision for their players and program. The fact that they only mentioned not having enough def lineman leads me to believe they had 53 players. School simply didn’t want to risk players getting injured playing out of position and getting killed in the process. Certainly wasn’t a good position to be in but they had to know it was very likely they would minimally pass or fail to meet the numbers . The minimum player rule was created to force teams to play even if they were a bit short handed. Thus , the rules allow teams to play with 11 if they chose to do so. Chip hinted at that but it’s obvious he didn’t intend on playing with anything below the standard.  For that reason he should have made the decision earlier. 

Oklahoma screwed out of a touchdown on a face mask call against the defense, ripping the helmet off the receiver that went on 50 yards uncontested for a score and was called back. A ball can't be advanced by a player that loses a helmet. Eventually Oklahoma had to settle for a field goal. 

59 minutes ago, Lou said:

Gamecocks 1Q and 1H is turning out to be a good bet.

I like how you bet @Lou.  I’ve had a pretty good week so far myself, and I agree with you, it’s difficult to bet some of these games because of the Covid situation and the opt outs.

Today I have 1st half under Tenn/Purdue 33 and 1st half under 22 for ASU/Wisc.