• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 College Football Thread

47 minutes ago, Lou said:

Yep. The shock and anger every time it happens is laughable. When schools are throwing around that kind of money, you can't blame them for moving on. 

The ceiling at ND has been established: Make the playoff, then get hammered in the first round.

ND considered firing Kelly 2-3 years ago, if memory serves.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

On 11/28/2021 at 4:41 PM, WicketMaiden said:

Yes, looking forward to next weekend. How many more rounds of games in the post-season are coming up?

Too early for me to say about the football yet, but the PAC12 definitely have the best uniforms. Those Oregon uni's were wild on both teams, they looked like guys in Marvel costumes running about the place at times. The UCLA ones were really cool though, loved their colours, instantly became one of my favourite uniforms in all sports. They played some pretty good football too.

https://www.nfl.com/photos/15-for-15-college-football-s-best-historical-uniforms-0ap3000000493867

If you like the Angels, you may like the Bruins.  Perennial underdogs that make curious decisions. But they will always be my team.

14 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

Yep it’s happening according to Pete Thamel and many others.  In typical Brian Kelly fashion, like he did when he pulled this at Cincinnati, he failed to tell his assistant coaches or his players about his intent.

The difference between Riley leaving Oklahoma and Kelly leaving ND is this….Riley was liked at OU, Kelly wasn’t as loved at ND.  Brian Kelly never embraced the culture at ND, and many ND fans won’t be shedding tears as he takes his shit to LSU.

Not directed at you but just a comment.  Programs can fire coaches at will, as evidenced by SC's tarmac firings of late.  Coaches leaving and putting their own interests first is part of the more recent coaching carousel that has CFB has done themselves for years.

1 hour ago, Junkballer said:

https://www.nfl.com/photos/15-for-15-college-football-s-best-historical-uniforms-0ap3000000493867

If you like the Angels, you may like the Bruins.  Perennial underdogs that make curious decisions. But they will always be my team.

I really liked the Bruins' uni's. I have a favourite T-shirt that is the exact same shade of blue, all I need now is some home-made gold piping to stick on it and a couple of numbers for the back and I'll look like a welfare version of a Bruin. (I'll get away with that over here.) 

16 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

We’ve all heard how hard it is to beat a team twice in a year.  Well, Utah is making it look easier than they did the first game, two weeks ago.

Cristobal is Kyle Whittingham’s beeotch.

Maybe Cristobal is getting ready to pack up for Miami…??

I was out to dinner last night, the game was on and I thought that was a replay so I didn't pay any attention. 

55 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I was out to dinner last night, the game was on and I thought that was a replay so I didn't pay any attention. 

Utah thoroughly dominated Oregon @Blarg.  It was a bigger beat down than two weeks ago.  Whittingham had his guys ready, again, and they played very well.

On 12/3/2021 at 8:01 PM, PattyD22 said:

Maybe Cristobal is getting ready to pack up for Miami…??

Miami is in the midst of a search for a new athletic director. That hire will precede what (if anything) is done about the football program. An educated guess is that it will be a bit late for Miami to move on from Manny Diaz, unless they already have a gentleman's agreement with Cristobal.

Cristobal played at Miami under Jimmy Johnson.

Bama will have to go it without their second best receiver (torn ACL).

Big loss, but Bolden and Billingsley are solid complementary guys.

Robinson should be healthy by the 31st.

Georgia’s physicality couldn’t match up with Bama’s speed and Young’s playmaking.

Michigan is playing as well as anybody.   Nice gesture by Harbaugh to donate his incentive earnings to Michigan employees affected by the pandemic