• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 College Football Thread

On 11/10/2021 at 9:30 PM, Lou said:

Let's recap: a coach gets fired after 2 weeks ...another for refusing to get vaccinated ... another hits a player ... 2 players getting shot (1 fatally) after games ... a game needing to be rescheduled because of Covid ...

oh, and I haven't even mentioned the shitty football being played. 

Well there is Oregon at #3.  

For now that is.

On 11/7/2021 at 6:55 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

If anybody is looking for a defensive coordinator who can't scheme to stop anything and will make short work of destroying your program, Florida has made Todd Grantham available

Something tells me it wasn't entirely the DC's fault.

Down 42-35 to Samford at the half.

Yes, SAMFORD, not Stanford.

9 hours ago, Lou said:

Something tells me it wasn't entirely the DC's fault.

Down 42-35 to Samford at the half.

Yes, SAMFORD, not Stanford.

It wasn't, but there wasn't going to be a complete transformation in a week. Teams who couldn't run the ball to save their lives were running for 300 yards against Todd Grantham's defenses. They gave up conversions on third and long so often that the situation became known as "third and Grantham" among Gator fans.

BTW, the 42 points scored by Samford in the first half broke a Florida school record for most points surrendered in the first half. This came against a 4-5 FCS team, mind you.

The general perception is that the team has largely quit, and Dan Mullen has lost the locker room. If Florida loses out (at Missouri and against Florida State at home), which is entirely feasible, they will finish 5-7 and out of the running for any bowl game. That might be the tipping point.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

There are twelve 9-1 teams out there. Some are definitely posers like San Diego State but unless some get upset there is going to be a lot of grumbling as to which should be in the championship playoffs and which are left out. 

Meanwhile Alabama sure sharpened their game playing 1-9 New Mexico State. Why top ten teams are allowed these out of conference games seems like a hole in the system to allow Bamma the equivilant of 2 Bye weeks with one being an out of conference practice. 

On 11/13/2021 at 9:31 PM, Lou said:

Yeah, i was being smarmy. 

Sports writers who were at the game said that it was clear that the defense didn't come to play. They gave up 42 points in a half to a team that lost by 40+ to Chattanooga.

Consensus seems to be that Florida loses at Missouri, then Dan Mullen is gone at the end of the season. Losing at home to Florida State in the final game would just be the cherry on top of the turd sundae that 2021 has been in Gainesville.

The defensive players were said to be relieved by the dismissal of the defensive coordinator. That said, the coach who has temporarily replaced him is not ready to be a coordinator.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Consensus seems to be that Florida loses at Missouri, then Dan Mullen is gone at the end of the season. Losing at home to Florida State in the final game would just be the cherry on top of the turd sundae that 2021 has been in Gainesville.

I think it’s safe to say Manny Diaz will also be added to the list of coaches soon to be leaving The Sunshine State.

Mike Norvell shouldn’t be answering the phone either when the season ends.  Not sure I’ve ever seen this much uncertainty out of UF, FSU and Miami ever, at least as it pertains to their Head Coaching situations.

23 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

I think it’s safe to say Manny Diaz will also be added to the list of coaches soon to be leaving The Sunshine State.

Mike Norvell shouldn’t be answering the phone either when the season ends.  Not sure I’ve ever seen this much uncertainty out of UF, FSU and Miami ever, at least as it pertains to their Head Coaching situations.

Norvell is probably safe, because dumping him at this point would cost FSU just under $25M, more than twice what UF would pay to cut ties with Dan Mullen. FSU also has money going to Willie Taggart, although that is partially offset by his salary at FAU.

I would love to have a job where someone would come into my office and say, "Here is $25 million. Don't come in anymore."

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Ohio State is up 49-0 on #7 Michigan State in what I can only describe as one of the worst first half ass kickings between top 10 teams I’ve ever seen in 50 years of watching college football.

CJ Stroud was 16-17 for 246 yards and 3 TD’s in the FIRST QUARTER…

I originally thought that MSU getting 19 points was a lot, but apparently the Vegas oddsmakers knew something, and it’s still not even close to enough points.

OSU May hang 70 on them today.

Edited by PattyD22