• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 College Football Thread

4 hours ago, Lou said:

Holy crap. The interception in the Oklahoma game is one of the best I've ever seen.

Easily one of the best interceptions I’ve ever seen in 45 years of watching football.

it was easily one of the best CATCHES I’ve ever seen, regardless of reception or interception.  Simply amazing 

16 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

The Mike Norvell era at FSU is going to have a Clay Helton-esque ending to it, except it won’t take nearly as long.  

0-3 start for the first time since 1976.  Shame on Notre Dame for creating false hope.

The talk at the beginning of the season was that this is the year that Norvell would turn the corner. Their offense is dreadful, and their defense isn't much better. Despite their spark in the fourth quarter against a grossly overrated Notre Dame team, they have otherwise done very little, scoring 17 against Jacksonville State and 14 against Wake Forest. They had six turnovers against Wake yesterday.

Florida missed an extra point after their first touchdown, otherwise they would have been kicking a PAT for OT instead of going for two against Alabama. The play call on the two pointer was ridiculous, running up the middle against a goal line defense. The Gators' offense played much better than I expected, but the defense gives up too many conversions on third and long, and commits too many penalties when they get stops on third down. This has been a pattern for a while, not just this season. Todd Grantham is a catastrophe as a defensive coordinator.

Insane ending to the UCLA-Fresno State game, with 34 points scored in the fourth quarter and four lead changes. Looks like Boise State won't be the beast of the Mountain West this season.

I still can't believe that Arizona lost to NAU. The Lumberjacks were 0-2 and had lost to two FCS opponents by a combined 76-23.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

17 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Insane ending to the UCLA-Fresno State game, with 34 points scored in the fourth quarter and four lead changes. Looks like Boise State won't be the beast of the Mountain West this season.

I still can't believe that Arizona lost to NAU. The Lumberjacks were 0-2 and had lost to two FCS opponents by a combined 76-23.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

This is what we normally call “PAC12” football, despite the trumpeting very early on that the “PAC IS BACK”.

Thank God Oregon fulfilled their obligation of dispatching mighty Stony Brook.  Whatever the fuck that is.

Edited by PattyD22

2 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

This is what we normally call “PAC12” football, despite the trumpeting very early on that the “PAC IS BACK”.

Thank God Oregon fulfilled their obligation of dispatching mighty Stony Brook.  Whatever the fuck that is.

Stony Brook is a state university in New York. The Ducks were apparently sleepwalking through the first half, because they led 10-7 after one quarter and 17-7 at the half.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

21 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Stony Brook is a state university in New York. The Ducks were apparently sleepwalking through the first half, because they led 10-7 after one quarter and 17-7 at the half.

I’d like to say, “I saw that” but I’d be lying.  I don’t think anybody actually saw that, only the true diehard Ducks fan.

I was getting live updates though.

On 10/10/2020 at 1:34 PM, m0nkey said:

Still can’t believe CBS let Gus Johnson go

On 10/13/2018 at 2:05 PM, m0nkey said:

CBS should lose TV rights to the tournament for letting him go.

11 minutes ago, Lou said:

And to think, as great as he is doing football, he was even better during March Madness.

Agreed

Went through the schedule this week and not a lot of marquee games.  ND/Wisconsin at Soldier Field will be good, Texas A&M/Arkansas also.  That’s it for ranked match ups, but I really like Michigan State to cover -5 over Nebraska.  Sparty has been playing tough this year.

@Loui won’t slight you buddy.  UCLA/Stanford is always a good game, and the Cardinal get 4 1/2 as of now.  Might take the over 58.  Who knows?

Just love College football so much.  

On 9/22/2021 at 2:54 PM, PattyD22 said:

Went through the schedule this week and not a lot of marquee games.  ND/Wisconsin at Soldier Field will be good, Texas A&M/Arkansas also.  That’s it for ranked match ups, but I really like Michigan State to cover -5 over Nebraska.  Sparty has been playing tough this year.

@Loui won’t slight you buddy.  UCLA/Stanford is always a good game, and the Cardinal get 4 1/2 as of now.  Might take the over 58.  Who knows?

Just love College football so much.  

The manner in which Stanford has owned us over the last decade, i would never give them points, especially in Palo Alto. 

Today's App. State/Marshall game should be good.