• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 College Football Thread

On 11/15/2021 at 10:37 PM, Lou said:

Bruce Davis not returning to FIU.

wtf happened to CFB in Florida?

The only team in the state that is above .500 going into this weekend is UCF.

As I figured, Florida lost at Missouri today. That means that they have to beat FSU to finish 6-6. Both teams go into the game at 5-6. Winner goes to a bottom tier bowl game, loser goes home. At least if they win, they may come here (the Las Vegas Bowl has SEC ties now). I last saw the Gators play in person at the 1974 Sugar Bowl. I was wearing a band uniform.

This weeks CFP poll could be interesting.  I’m wondering if Ohio State’s convincing win is enough to move them over Alabama’s 7 point win?  I could see the committee putting OSU at 2 and Alabama at 3, with Cincinnati at 4 on Tuesday.

Michigan and OSU is a giant game for both teams next week.

Sorry @Lou.  I didn’t mean to interrupt your UCLA euphoria.  You may continue…

Just now, Lou said:

I don't think there's any doubt that OSU is the 2nd best team in the country. Their WRs are ridiculous.

I agree wholeheartedly with this, but MSU’s pass defense is dogshit awful.

Next week will be a much bigger litmus test for OSU against Michigan.  I think this is Harbaugh’s best chance to beat OSU, and I’ll still only give him about a 40% chance at best.

4 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

I agree wholeheartedly with this, but MSU’s pass defense is dogshit awful.

Next week will be a much bigger litmus test for OSU against Michigan.  I think this is Harbaugh’s best chance to beat OSU, and I’ll still only give him about a 40% chance at best.

Yeah, i wasn't basing my comment on just today's game. They've been great all year.

They're going to have 3 thousand-yard receivers.

3 hours ago, Lou said:

Fired 

We didn't even have to wait until Monday. The special teams coach will coach the team in the Florida State game, and on the outside chance that they win, in the bowl game as well, I presume.

I don't expect an announcement on a replacement soon, because the coaches who they are likely pursuing still have meaningful football left to play.

The Athletic Director is in hot water as well - not over football, but because he apparently took very little action on reports that the former women's basketball coach was abusing players. Little things like screaming profanity and racial slurs at them, throwing basketballs at them, nothing out of the ordinary.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/32313889/florida-gators-women-basketball-players-detail-alleged-abuse-former-coach-cam-newbauer

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

On 11/21/2021 at 2:38 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

We didn't even have to wait until Monday. The special teams coach will coach the team in the Florida State game, and on the outside chance that they win, in the bowl game as well, I presume.

I don't expect an announcement on a replacement soon, because the coaches who they are likely pursuing still have meaningful football left to play.

The Athletic Director is in hot water as well - not over football, but because he apparently took very little action on reports that the former women's basketball coach was abusing players. Little things like screaming profanity and racial slurs at them, throwing basketballs at them, nothing out of the ordinary.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/32313889/florida-gators-women-basketball-players-detail-alleged-abuse-former-coach-cam-newbauer

If SC doesn’t step up and do the right thing, then Florida should hire Lane Kiffin.

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

Laney is killing it at Ole Miss. 

Maybe Washington State's interim head coach will be available.

Yeah he is, and he’s currently rumored to be the leader for the #1 QB recruit in Arch Manning.  I’m sure if Kiffin had ideas of going elsewhere, that would be question #1 the Manning family would have for him during the recruiting process.

8 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Yeah he is, and he’s currently rumored to be the leader for the #1 QB recruit in Arch Manning.  I’m sure if Kiffin had ideas of going elsewhere, that would be question #1 the Manning family would have for him during the recruiting process.

From what I've read the 2 leaders are Georgia and Texas, with Bama, Clemson and Ole Miss rounding out the top 5.