• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Well-paid ESPN Idiot says Ohtani bad for baseball because he needs an interpreter

yk9001

14 hours ago, SurfWriter said:

Thanks for the unsolicited critique of my writing skills.  Of course, you don't give any specifics about what constitutes bad writing in what I posted.  Did you find some fault with my grammar, punctuation or other composition basics?  Or did you just take offense at the content?  Yes, I'm a writer and have taught English, creative writing and other subjects.  No doubt that will spur you to post another baseless and juvenile slam.  Or maybe you'll attack the terrible education system and its tendency to pop out a lot of liberal/commie/whatever young people.  Just saying someone's writing "sucks" doesn't elevate the conversation.  Maybe we should stick to baseball.

That's the official Welcome to AngelsWin greeting.  Much like in New York, you know you have made it when you are booed.

Ohtani has helped changed MLB with his great play. He's helped put fans into the seats, especially Japanese fans. And if they are not coming to ballgames to see him play, they are certainly watching him on television from Japan. It's like when Ichiro came to the United States. Ohtani and Ichiro, two box office players. MLB benefits from it, knowing that it's a business. Anyone who benefits the game is not bad for the game. 

36 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Ohtani has helped changed MLB with his great play. He's helped put fans into the seats, especially Japanese fans. And if they are not coming to ballgames to see him play, they are certainly watching him on television from Japan. It's like when Ichiro came to the United States. Ohtani and Ichiro, two box office players. MLB benefits from it, knowing that it's a business. Anyone who benefits the game is not bad for the game. 

I remember ichiromania, but did Matsui get the same fanfare? I cant remember.

I remember Nomomania, too. 

Id say he was bigger than Ichiro that first year, but might be remembering wrong.

32 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Id say he was bigger than Ichiro that first year, but might be remembering wrong.

I remember those players I just don't remember the 'mania'

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Nomomania and Ichiromania both changed MLB. Nomomania inspired many Japanese stars to come over to the United States. Nomo was the first Japanese All-Star at the Major League level. Ichiromani inspired many position players from Japan to come over into the United States to play in MLB. Ichiro was actually to first Japanese positional player who had success in the big leagues. If it weren't for the greatness that he showcased in 2001, it's possible that Matsui would have been in the Major Leagues later after 2003, or might not have made it at all. That's part of Nomo's and Ichiro's legacy on the game. MLB is going to expand even more globally within the next century. Some future MLB star from a different county that is not the United States will probably make baseball an interest one day the way Venezuela and Nomo/Ichiro did.