• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Well-paid ESPN Idiot says Ohtani bad for baseball because he needs an interpreter

yk9001

30 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Once he clarified his statement, I understood what he was saying, and he's not wrong.

But during the segment, holy frick that came out bad. But watch the clarification video he provided. I don't think he meant to be xenophobic at all. 

It's Stephen A Smith. He says stupid stuff all the time, and he gets clicks. I think once you realize that, it's easier just to ignore him or at the very least, take what he says with a grain of salt. To get bent out of shape over this is just folks looking to be offended by something. 

It takes a ridiculous amount of mental gymnastics to get to the point where he said what he said. 

My opinion of Stephen A. hasn't changed. He's a clown

2 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

Him and Skip's entire shtick is to just say stupid shit for the sole purpose of generating clicks, views, and conversation on social media. Nobody with any common sense takes anything these 2 say seriously.

I agree with this but Max not Skip - although Skip says a lot of stupid shit on purpose also.

And my opinion of Stephen A. hasn't changed. He's a clown.

But lost in the circus is the root question he clarified..

Will baseball/Ohtani be more marketable when he is fluent in English?

There is only one answer to that...Yes.

33 minutes ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

My opinion of Stephen A. hasn't changed. He's a clown

I agree with this but Max not Skip - although Skip says a lot of stupid shit on purpose also.

And my opinion of Stephen A. hasn't changed. He's a clown.

But lost in the circus is the root question he clarified..

Will baseball/Ohtani be more marketable when he is fluent in English?

There is only one answer to that...Yes.

Why would that make him more marketable? 

I like how people use “people are too sensitive now a days” and “cAnCel CuLtuRe” to make racism seem okay… 

what he said to a national audience was not okay, it was flat out racist to make it seem like Ohtani is not a suitable star because he doesn’t speak English. Who the fuck cares what language he speaks? Mike Trout speaks English and it makes him no better of a star than Ohtani. 

and I know it’s Stephen A’s shtick to say controversial things to get views and reactions, but he crossed the line. 

39 minutes ago, TroutField said:

I like how people use “people are too sensitive now a days” and “cAnCel CuLtuRe” to make racism seem okay… 

Just want to make sure you know that I wrote cancel culture like that because I was mocking the people who decry cancel culture.