• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels recall Jack Mayfield, place Anthony Rendon on the 10-day IL

mmc

Bad luck or something else? I wonder if him becoming injury prone all of a sudden is partially due to his offseason or even inseason prep work? He's been on the IL with a bunch of boo-boos and soft tissue stuff it seems.

Either way, what a joke. Rendon has been a giant disappointment. A long way to go, but it is looking like we got swindled again. 

3 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

So does the hamstring strain mean he didn't care enough to stretch and warm-up beforehand, or does it indicate that he cared too much and ran too fast and stretched too far? 

Have you seen him run? Definitely isn't the latter. Dude is a coaster. 

I don't understand the whole "Rendon has been a disappointment crowd", guy was 6th in fWAR among position players last year.  Yes this season was derailed by injuries but you take that risk when you sign any player to a contract.  Trout has missed way more games with injury and I don't see anyone giving him the same backlash.

1 minute ago, mmc said:

I don't understand the whole "Rendon has been a disappointment crowd", guy was 6th in fWAR among position players last year.  Yes this season was derailed by injuries but you take that risk when you sign any player to a contract.  Trout has missed way more games with injury and I don't see anyone giving him the same backlash.

He has been terrible this year when "healthy". Obviously probably because of the injuries, but it has to be very concerning especially when you consider his price tag and that he isn't getting any younger. Trout has produced in ways no one can even imagine for us. Us being the key word. I think he gets some slack. 

I also don't really care about what anyone did last year. Fuck the Dodgers. 

4 minutes ago, robblin17 said:

He has been terrible this year when "healthy". Obviously probably because of the injuries, but it has to be very concerning especially when you consider his price tag and that he isn't getting any younger. Trout has produced in ways no one can even imagine for us. Us being the key word. I think he gets some slack. 

I also don't really care about what anyone did last year. Fuck the Dodgers. 

114 wRC+ in June, 219 wRC+ so far in July, also has the lowest BABIP among every Angels regular, if he were continuing to play like he did in April and May I'd agree with you but he's progressively gotten better as the season has gone on

11 minutes ago, mmc said:

114 wRC+ in June, 219 wRC+ so far in July, also has the lowest BABIP among every Angels regular, if he were continuing to play like he did in April and May I'd agree with you but he's progressively gotten better as the season has gone on

Anyone that thinks I am not rooting for Rendon to perform is a clown, so this is great to see. But being on the field is also part of performance. I guess the guy just has a bunch of bad luck since joining the Angels. 

26 minutes ago, robblin17 said:

Bad luck or something else? I wonder if him becoming injury prone all of a sudden is partially due to his offseason or even inseason prep work? He's been on the IL with a bunch of boo-boos and soft tissue stuff it seems.

Either way, what a joke. Rendon has been a giant disappointment. A long way to go, but it is looking like we got swindled again. 

That is the stuff that lingers on and will likely be a concern moving forward. I doubt it has much to do with his prep work as it happens to lots of athletes. Everyone is different and their bodies respond to stress in different ways.  

20 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

This guy is killing us. Hes one of the people most needed for this team to win.

Between him, trout and upton, we have way too much core hurt.

Any correlation to a full 162 game season following a 60 game season?

FOUR times for Rendon on the IL, in just THREE months

Edited by Angel Oracle

13 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Any correlation to a full 162 game season following a 60 game season?

FOUR times for Rendon on the IL, in just THREE months

I heard earlier today on Fangraphs Effectively Wild that this is “the year of he hamstring” according to a scout.  Which is weird as position players had pretty much a regular spring.

I am getting the feeling Rendon's contract is going to be another boat anchor deal. I would not be upset if Perry found a taker at the trade deadline, if we could get a good return, whatever that might be. Then use that $35 mil towards the  pitching staff.