• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels recall Jack Mayfield, place Anthony Rendon on the 10-day IL

mmc

3 minutes ago, rageous said:

Trout has already gotten 2.3 WAR with half of the season so far.

He's already earned his salary even in his limited playing time and that is not counting the extra production he has provided in all his career so far.

Read the post i responded to again. 

29 minutes ago, Lou said:

Read the post i responded to again. 

I think most fans are disappointed because he has not performed even when he is playing.

And when he comes back it's just excuses of he is coming back from his injury and that is why he was not performing.

We heard the same thing with Pujols when he started having plantar fascitis and he never performed even close to his contract worth after that.

1 minute ago, rageous said:

I think most fans are disappointed because he has not performed even when he is playing.

And when he comes back it's just excuses of he is coming back from his injury and that is why he was not performing.

We heard the same thing with Pujols when he started having plantar fascitis and he never performed even close to his contract worth after that.

You didn't read it again, did you?

Hint: it had nothing to do with production

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

You didn't read it again, did you?

Hint: it had nothing to do with production

It has everything to do with production.

If he was producing at an all star level, he would not get even quarter of the flack he is getting now even if he was getting injured.

Why do you think hardly anyone bashes Trout even through all his injuries?

46 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

I am getting the feeling Rendon's contract is going to be another boat anchor deal. I would not be upset if Perry found a taker at the trade deadline, if we could get a good return, whatever that might be. Then use that $35 mil towards the  pitching staff.

Stupid.

Just now, rageous said:

It has everything to do with production.

If he was producing at an all star level, he would not get even quarter of the flack he is getting now even if he was getting injured.

Why do you think hardly anyone bashes Trout even through all his injuries?

Sigh...

The POST i responded to had nothing to do with production. It was ALL about missed time due to injuries.read drag race GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Is Rendon's career with the Angels going to justify his contract over the remaining years? Rhetorical question of course, but that is the biggest worry. An off year with multiple injuries is troubling but not critical long term. But in his two combined seasons so far (smallish sample size) he hasn't moved the needle as expected. 

Competent enough, but with flaws in his swing and timing. Less power than expected, but not bad as such. In the field, solid but not elite. Some of his sidearm throws look risky but that seems to be his form. So generally I see him as a decent regular starter when healthy. But at his salary he should be better. I doubt Arte paid for multiple seasons with these numbers or even slightly better. And the health issues also were not expected to be on-going. 

That said, he still could reach a higher plateu but we will have to be patient. He won't/can't be traded and become another organizational embarrassment. Like Upton, he probably will get mixed results over time.

I am annoyed he is hurt again.  But that doesn’t automatically make me annoyed at Rendon or the Angels for signing him.

The truth is if the Angels didn’t have Rendon, we would be reading posts everyday about the obvious, ongoing black hole at third base that the team is too cheap or too stupid to address.

I am going to wait a long time before I even entertain being annoyed at Rendon or the Angels for this streak of DL visits.

I still view him as a guy that would be a pretty decent bet to win an MVP of a postseason series in a WS run.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

I am annoyed he is hurt again.  But that doesn’t automatically make me annoyed at Rendon or the Angels for signing him.

The truth is if the Angels didn’t have Rendon, we would be reading posts everyday about the obvious, ongoing black hole at third base that the team is too cheap or too stupid to address.

I am going to wait a long time before I even entertain being annoyed at Rendon or the Angels for this streak of DL visits.

I still view him as a guy that would be a pretty decent bet to win an MVP of a postseason series in a WS run.

This. 100%. Even at his worst Rendon is still a good 3rd baseman. I still think he will go back to his All Star ways at some point. Might be next year but he will have a few good seasons in an Angels uniform. 

I think when you build a championship caliber team, you “check off” position by position that you have a guy that is perfectly capable of manning that position on a WS winning team.

In my book, third base is checked off with Rendon.

Yes you will have some injuries and some slumps and that is why you need to “check off” strong bench as well so that you have adequate fill ins when people suck or get hurt.

I don’t want to waste time worrying g about or complaining about Anthony Rendon.  The team need some other things far more desperately than they need to do anything different at third base.

He's had some injury issues in his past so this isn't too surprising....though this year just seems like bad luck with him constantly getting nicked up here and there and just never able to get himself into any sort of groove at the plate

If there is one concern I have, it's the power. With them de-juicing the balls, I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes more of a 15-20 HR bat moving forward. If he continues to be the kind of hitter he's been his entire career up to this point, that's not really a big issue though.