• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Mariners @ Angels (6/4/2021): Ohtani starting, hitting 2nd

1 minute ago, ScottT said:

Seven, sure.  I was surprised he was taken out, but eight would've been surprising .

Yeah, you’re probably right. But say he gets through seven with 90-95 pitches and no more runs. Would you want him out there for the 8th? I would. Ten years ago that’s not even a question.

People just have to accept the fact Ohtani won't pitch every fifth or sixth day and hit every game he doesn't pitch. He was never gonna get anywhere near 200 innings.  It's still June.  I want him to be able to go that extra inning in September or October 

What he's doing is amazing. What they are allowing him to do is awesome.  Enjoy it.

Edited by ScottT

Heck of a game tonight.

Rented a suite to watch the game.  It was located just to the left of home plate on the club level.  It was so choice.  If you have the means I highly recommend picking one up.

Also recommend going before June 17th when the attendance will increase.  The entry and exit from the stadium was a breeze.

LTBU!!!!

Best laughs of the night.

My friend's wife asking if the numbers on the wall below the scoreboard were the loto numbers.

11, 26, 29, 30, 42, 50

After Shohei got his 4th strike out my wife jokingly asked if the Angels were racist because they were posting Ks on the right corner board (she knows what a backwards K means).

Edited by Slegnaac

5 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Mayers the poster boy for the typical volatile reliever.  Shame on the Angels for assuming he'd be anything like he was in all of 30ip last year after never having been close his entire career before.  

I'm not sure who else to put out there for the 8th but clearly he doesn't deserve to be that guy.  

Cishek is basically the 7th inning guy now.   Let him progress to handling the 8th, and ease CRod in as the 3rd guy.

Edited by Angel Oracle

5 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Heck of a game tonight.

Rented a suite to watch the game.  It was located just to the left of home plate on the club level.  It was so choice.  If you have the means I highly recommend picking one up.

Also recommend going before June 17th when the attendance will increase.  The entry and exit from the stadium was a breeze.

LTBU!!!!

AW rented a suite for a game quite a few years back for the at the time annual AW tailgate/game.

I do not know if Ohtani is on pitch count or inn pitched. If you want an ace he goes 7, 8 inn with 110 to 120 pitches. Ohtani is most valuable player Angels have right now. How many more fans in stands when he pitches? Ohtani has not pitched much in last 4 years so maybe they are being careful. He is most talented player in game right now and maybe ever to play this game. I have no idea work he has taken on doing both hitting and pitching. I do feel his pitching has gotten better the more he has taken mound. So taking him out after 6 inn last night I'm ok with. In next few months my question is if Angels are 10 to 12 games back in west in August do they cut back his workload as pitcher?

8 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Mayers the poster boy for the typical volatile reliever.  Shame on the Angels for assuming he'd be anything like he was in all of 30ip last year after never having been close his entire career before.  

I'm not sure who else to put out there for the 8th but clearly he doesn't deserve to be that guy.  

Chris Rodriguez?