• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dave Roberts consults that rulebook written in invisible ink

Did any of you guys catch this tonight:

I didn't see a whole lot of the game, when did this bunt happen? Obviously early in the game. I can see a complaint if a team does that leading by 13 runs, but when they're behind? 

Boy, the Dodgers fanbase still annoys the hell out of me, but lately I'm been thinking the players and staff are actually decent dudes, and then their manager starts acting like a whiny little bitch, and after a win, too.

What say all of you?

I'm glad that the Astros and Red Sox defeated them in the World Series. They're going to blame the Astros for cheating but they couldn't do jack in big situations with the bat. Couldn't make contact with the ball when they needed to against those teams. They do nothing but whine about every single thing that doesn't go their way. 

At the time of the bunt there had been 13 outs, so with just over half of the game still to play Roberts thinks their opponents (the home team btw) should just give up, ignore the fans in the stands who have paid good money to see 9 innings of baseball and just roll over for the Dodgers? What a self-entitled prick. 

There is so much to admire about where the Dodgers are at as an organisation, and yet still so much to dislike about their behaviour.

A California club with a shitty Bronx attitude. Let's get them tonight Halos!

Down by thirteen early, the goal is to get runners on base and chisel away at the lead. I have no issue with doing this whatsoever. 
Were the halos just supposed to roll over and call it quits? Would the Dodgers have quit in that scenario?

It doesn’t come off as manly to bunt. What a dumb thing to cling to.

Roberts doesn't know about the other unwritten rule about trying to spoil an opposing pitcher's shutout?

Has Dave Roberts even seen a baseball game before?  Supposedly he played baseball in the major leagues.  Supposedly he's been managing baseball teams for a while now. 

Does Dave Roberts have brain damage?

tumblr_mkntg8kx5x1rjhbn2o1_500.gif

I was listening to the Dodger pregame Sunday, while driving, and even Rick Monday did not see any reason for Roberts to be upset over the play.  Monday said he thought Ward was just trying to get a bunt single.

Edited by Slegnaac

Roberts is complaining about a marginal player bunting to beat the shift while his 200 million dollar team is in a losing tailspin. Love it.

oh, Bauer called out his “teammates” after the game yesterday. It feels like Christmas.