• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why I still believe in this team

It looks worse than it is because the A's are doing the thing and so are the M's and now the Astros are back. 

We have had a tough schedule and it's not getting easier any time soon. The concern is they aren't winning the games they should. Can't be losing to Texas when you have a tough schedule.

I'm so indifferent to this shit now that I expect nothing. But realistically the Angels aren't in a bad spot. Bad losing streaks happen to every team and unfortunately we're in one right now. Missing Trout, Rendon and Stassi is playing a part in that.

24 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

It looks worse than it is because the A's are doing the thing and so are the M's and now the Astros are back. 

We have had a tough schedule and it's not getting easier any time soon. The concern is they aren't winning the games they should. Can't be losing to Texas when you have a tough schedule.

I'm so indifferent to this shit now that I expect nothing. But realistically the Angels aren't in a bad spot. Bad losing streaks happen to every team and unfortunately we're in one right now. Missing Trout, Rendon and Stassi is playing a part in that.

Like you said, the A’s, Astros and Mariners are all ahead of them now. The Halos have to start winning games and they need the others to falter. Looking at the pitching staff it doesn’t seem like they are in a good spot. As far as the offense, there isn’t a lot of concern for the long run as our key guys will back soon. I believe they will actually be fun to watch. This team’s run differential is terrible right now and obviously, that has to change. 

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

Like you said, the A’s, Astros and Mariners are all ahead of them now. The Halos have to start winning games and they need the others to falter. Looking at the pitching staff it doesn’t seem like they are in a good spot. As far as the offense, there isn’t a lot of concern for the long run as our key guys will back soon. I believe they will actually be fun to watch. This team’s run differential is terrible right now and obviously, that has to change. 

@Inside Pitch can explain the pitching situation better than I, but basically, we have had pretty bad luck. A lot of it is defense, which should hopefully be fixed with Rendon and Stassi returning. 

Canning sucks. No peripherals to dream on. He's awful in every aspect. He should be replaced by Sandoval or hell even Barria so he can get his shit together. Otherwise we have Teheran in the rotation again.

The pen has given up a ridiculous amount of inherited runners, but that should improve. It's like hitting with RISP. It's a lot of noise, as IP would say.

Also Maddon is costing us games with his horrific bullpen management. This is a problem. He's not going anywhere so unless he somehow figures out how to manage a bullpen, we're in for some seriously frustrating games.

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

@Inside Pitch can explain the pitching situation better than I, but basically, we have had pretty bad luck. A lot of it is defense, which should hopefully be fixed with Rendon and Stassi returning. 

Canning sucks. No peripherals to dream on. He's awful in every aspect. He should be replaced by Sandoval or hell even Barria so he can get his shit together. Otherwise we have Teheran in the rotation again.

The pen has given up a ridiculous amount of inherited runners, but that should improve. It's like hitting with RISP. It's a lot of noise, as IP would say.

Also Maddon is costing us games with his horrific bullpen management. This is a problem. He's not going anywhere so unless he somehow figures out how to manage a bullpen, we're in for some seriously frustrating games.

All this could be true but the fact is they are in hole looking up at three teams in the AL West. Do you think they have the talent and ability to climb out of that hole? Maybe they are a great team and can do this. I may be way off on this but I haven’t seen enough to get my confidence up with them. 

Just now, Jason said:

All this could be true but the fact is they are in hole looking up at three teams in the AL West. Do you think they have the talent and ability to climb out of that hole? Maybe they are a great team and can do this. I may be way off on this but I haven’t seen enough to get my confidence up with them. 

Oh I'm right there with you. I've been so damn dejected the last 6 years I don't really care much anymore. It sucks. Call me a fairweather fan but how can you be invested in this shit?

That said, this team IS better than they've been playing lately. Without Maddon's bullshit and some umpire fuckery I honestly believe we're 11-8. Hell even 12-7. 

I'm skeptical of the A's. They'll be in the mix at the end but they're playing so far above their heads right now it's just stupid. 13 straight wins is just luck. Period.

I don't believe Seattle is a contender for a second. They've actually had a tougher schedule than the Angels, but they just do not have the talent to be this good the whole year. Sorry Ender.

We've been blown the fuck out twice. That's fucked our run differential. If we're losing like that often then we're going to lose 100 games. I think we just had a couple bad games, it happens. The pen just needs rest, big time. Maddon is going to run these guys into the ground by mid May.

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

They don’t need other teams to falter, they need to beat those teams. That’s it really. 

It's kinda both. If we're 10 games out a month from now we can't make up much ground playing the A's or Astros or whoever the fuck. Maybe a game here and there, but they need to get hot while those guys are struggling to really make up ground. 

Look at what the A's have done. 13 straight wins, and the Angels have 4 straight losses. That's 4 games in 4 days.

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

We have 7 games against Oakland in May. 

I can't even think of what to say about it.

Win 4 of them and it's a success.

They aren't going to win every game the rest of the year. Better they get this asinine lucky bullshit out of the way now than next month.

May is going to really tell us where this team stands.

6 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

It's kinda both. If we're 10 games out a month from now we can't make up much ground playing the A's or Astros or whoever the fuck. Maybe a game here and there, but they need to get hot while those guys are struggling to really make up ground. 

Look at what the A's have done. 13 straight wins, and the Angels have 4 straight losses. That's 4 games in 4 days.

It’s a very long season, we’ve sucked for a week, just like Houston did, just like the A’s did. Pretending like they are incapable of mediocrity or pretending we can’t go on a winning streak is just what fans do when their team is shitting the bed. 

13 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Oh I'm right there with you. I've been so damn dejected the last 6 years I don't really care much anymore. It sucks. Call me a fairweather fan but how can you be invested in this shit?

That said, this team IS better than they've been playing lately. Without Maddon's bullshit and some umpire fuckery I honestly believe we're 11-8. Hell even 12-7. 

I'm skeptical of the A's. They'll be in the mix at the end but they're playing so far above their heads right now it's just stupid. 13 straight wins is just luck. Period.

I don't believe Seattle is a contender for a second. They've actually had a tougher schedule than the Angels, but they just do not have the talent to be this good the whole year. Sorry Ender.

We've been blown the fuck out twice. That's fucked our run differential. If we're losing like that often then we're going to lose 100 games. I think we just had a couple bad games, it happens. The pen just needs rest, big time. Maddon is going to run these guys into the ground by mid May.

Oakland is there every year, they have strong young starters and a good bullpen. I understand early season slumps but halos show signs of last 5 years.

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It’s a very long season, we’ve sucked for a week, just like Houston did, just like the A’s did. Pretending like they are incapable of mediocrity or pretending we can’t go on a winning streak is just what fans do when their team is shitting the bed. 

Been shitting bed for last 5 years 

Just now, Angels 1961 said:

But it does, halos motto more things change more they remain the same.

No, that’s your ignorant motto.  New front office, new decision makers, new players, so what happened last year or any previous year is irrelevant.  

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No, that’s your ignorant motto.  New front office, new decision makers, new players, so what happened last year or any previous year is irrelevant.  

I hope I'm wrong but things look same to me, average starters and a bad bullpen. Add a manager who cannot handle a pitching staff. Pulling Heaney after giving up just his second hit. Maddon wants to play likes it's 1985, what the hell does that mean? New players all on 1 year deals so will be starting over again in 2022 will need 4 to 5 starters and a whole new bullpen. Am I being negative or just seeing things as they are