• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why I still believe in this team

I'm still feeling good about the pen. So far, most of their struggles have been limited to one guy having 'that game'. That tends to happen a lot early in the season, and the cream floats to the top from there. 

• Mayers blew a game vs. Texas, but has allowed one run in his other 10 games.
  • Cishek allowed two runs his first game, and gave up 3 in the Houston 16-2 blowout, but otherwise hasn't allowed any ER.
  • Watson allowed one run in a blowout loss, and scoreless in the rest.
  • Slegers has allowed three single runs in three mostly inconsequential situations, and one that cost us in Houston. Otherwise he's allowed none. 
  • Claudio allowed two in Houston that let the game slip away, one in a blowout Angels win, and one in a blowout Angels loss. Again, otherwise solid. 
  • Guerra has been by and far shaky, allowing runs in four games, but almost all of them were already slipping away from the Halos though.
  • Rodriguez hasn't cost us a game yet.
  • Iglesias however has cost us three, pretty much all his own doing.

If Mayers, Watson, Slegers, or Cishek were at fault for blowing multiple games so far, I'd be way more concerned, but so far, they're all doing pretty well. Iglesias is the big concern. 

It's sort of like when Bud Norris blew three games for us dramatically in a one-week span a couple years back. It tanked his numbers for the year, gave the perception he wasn't that good, but in reality he was nearly unbeatable in almost every other game he pitched in.

Also, for me, it feels really clear when the Angels are going to lose a game this year. In the last few years, it seemed I'd feel "they got this" and watch them blow it. It's the other way around this year. That's a good sign!