• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: White Sox Vs Angels 4/4/2021 (ESPN Broadcast - Ohtani on the mound, batting second!!)

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think the issue is that Ohtani’s control was not there so it was a big risk leaving him in. It is cool to have a manager show some balls though. This time it didn’t work out 

The big issue (for me), is the correlation between fatigue and injury and a guy on the mound that hasn't pitched much in four years.  I was having Terry Collins/Ken Hill flashbacks.

Now we get to see if there is any carryover.

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

I agree. 

Absolutely. Especially since this is just Game 4 to start the regular season. It's one thing if you're fighting for a playoff spot or whatever. I like that Maddon let Ohtani stay in. It's just the typical shitshow we all expect from our Halos that is frustrating in general.

5 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I agree. 

I don’t agree with Trent here.  It’s April 4th.  We all know about Ohtani’s issues.  He’s doing a lot of baseball stuff.  Pulling him when he’s obviously starting to labor when he’s right around his planning pitch limit against the league MVP isn’t an expression of doubt.  It would be good if we have Ohtani the entire season and hopefully in October.  Why push it ? I don’t think it has anything to do with proving your faith in your guy.  The Angels are showing tons of faith in Shohei, rightly.  We were at the point where you should do what is wise.  I don’t think Joe handled it wisely.  Personally.