• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: White Sox Vs Angels 4/4/2021 (ESPN Broadcast - Ohtani on the mound, batting second!!)

9 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Despise Maddon actually going forward with punting the DH against an AL team.

I'm not inherently against it, it just seems like it has a high probability of not working out well at this stage of the season. 

I'm no fan of Pujols but the difference between his bat and Ohtani's probably doesn't justify the downside of inserting the pitchers spot in front of Mike Trout the second time around the order.

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'm not inherently against it, it just seems like it has a high probability of not working out well at this stage of the season. 

I'm no fan of Pujols but the difference between his bat and Ohtani's probably doesn't justify the downside of inserting the pitchers spot in front of Mike Trout the second time around the order.

Game 4 of the season is a good chance to try it out. If it is a disaster, they can say they tried it once and not do it again.

4 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

So uh, batting Ohtani 2nd when he's pitching is probably not the best idea imo

I'd just like to see us have a little confidence in his ability to pitch 5 innings before we do this. Ohtani is probably the 3rd best hitter on the team, but Pujols or Rojas are on this team specifically for their bats, so it's not huge upside IMO.

3 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Pitchers spot is inserted in the #2 spot and they will most likely use pinch hitters each time around.

Yeah, maybe putting him in the 2 slot isn’t the best idea then. We’ll see though—it will be an interesting game regardless of the outcome.

25 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'd just like to see us have a little confidence in his ability to pitch 5 innings before we do this. Ohtani is probably the 3rd best hitter on the team, but Pujols or Rojas are on this team specifically for their bats, so it's not huge upside IMO.

Batting order doesn't matter so much but when Ohtani is out of the game, we may very well have a reliever hitting in front of Trout and Rendon.

If he only lasts a few innings it's especially bad.

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Batting order doesn't matter so much but when Ohtani is out of the game, we may very well have a reliever hitting in front of Trout and Rendon.

If he only lasts a few innings it's especially bad.

Excited to watch Cishek batting in the 8th inning after the Angels run out of pinch hitters

54 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

So uh, batting Ohtani 2nd when he's pitching is probably not the best idea imo

I was thinking we'd see it later on, at least when we felt we could count on him to go deeper into the game.  Based on his ST results, I'm not sure he can pitch too deep into the game, which really makes letting him hit 2nd quite a gamble.

• Chuck changed the title to Gameday Thread: White Sox Vs Angels 4/4/2021 (ESPN Broadcast - Ohtani on the mound, batting second!!)