• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

Join The Internet Home for Angels fans today! We're Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

• AngelsWin.com's Charity of the Month

Gameday Thread: White Sox Vs Angels 4/4/2021 (ESPN Broadcast - Ohtani on the mound, batting second!!)

At the risk of being Johnny Raincloud, I'm at best cautiously optimistic about tonight, and that's only because I know Ohtani has the talent to dominate. My expectations are low, though. It just seems like something always goes wrong with him on the mound. I'm hoping for the best, but preparing for disappointment. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This team has some attitude.  Some energy.  Dare I say some balls. 

Pujols trying to get his name back into the starting lineup

You picked the bottom of the 9th, in a tie game to go take a shower? Dude, just roll on another coat of deodorant and wear a hat but don't be missing this. 

Posted Images

mlb.com article below has the "not since" trivia.

He’s the first pitcher to bat second since Jack Dunleavy did so for the Cardinals on Sept. 7, 1903. And only two pitchers have hit for themselves with the designated hitter available since Ken Brett did it twice in 1976. Andy Sonnanstine hit for himself in 2009 because of a mistake on the lineup card, while Madison Bumgarner batted for himself in an Interleague start against the A’s in 2016.

https://www.mlb.com/news/shohei-ohtani-pitching-batting-second