• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. White Sox (4-2-2021)

Chuck

Same lineup as yesterday.  Understand Pujols getting the start vs a LHP.  Would have liked to have seen Lagares play in RF, but I guess Fowler will be given the majority of starts for now.

Guessing Walsh starts at 1B tomorrow with Pujols shifting to DH.  Suzuki likely catches.

I’m hoping that the Angels can build on the momentum created after last nights win.  I’m hoping the crowd brings the same energy as last nights did.  Sox go with Keuchel tonight, who historical has been kinda tough on the Angels.

Wish I was there tonight.  For those going, enjoy and eat prior to the game.

Walsh didn't look great in spring but back to back starts from Albert has my left eyebrow up a bit.  I could see Maddon giving him opening day and vs. a lefty.  

I would also like to be the first to say that Rojas is rotting on the bench.    Would have been interesting to see if Joe pinch hits for Albert yesterday with Rojas if the CWS bring in a rher.  

40 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Walsh didn't look great in spring but back to back starts from Albert has my left eyebrow up a bit.  I could see Maddon giving him opening day and vs. a lefty.  

I would also like to be the first to say that Rojas is rotting on the bench.    Would have been interesting to see if Joe pinch hits for Albert yesterday with Rojas if the CWS bring in a rher.  

I just feel like they should be figuring out ways to play Pujols as little as possible.  On account of him being not good.  It’s still so early so it dumb for me to bitch about it.  But I don’t like the idea that they’re figuring out ways for him to play over Walsh.  We know what the deal is with Pujols.  He’s a sub .300 OBP guy.  Occasionally he’ll donk one out.  He can’t run.  He’s not going to have a renaissance.  I really don’t get not letting Walsh just try and take 1B and run with it.  Seems like a bad sign that they don’t think he’s an obviously better option then Pujols who really, really is not difficult to outshine.  I’m not even a huge believer in Walsh yet.  It just seems like he’s plainly the better option.  Spring training aside.  He was good last year.  Doesn’t that earn him any rope at all ?? Jeez. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I just feel like they should be figuring out ways to play Pujols as little as possible.  On account of him being not good.  It’s still so early so it dumb for me to bitch about it.  But I don’t like the idea that they’re figuring out ways for him to play over Walsh.  We know what the deal is with Pujols.  He’s a sub .300 OPS guy.  Occasionally he’ll donk one out.  He can’t run.  He’s not going to have a renaissance.  I really don’t get not letting Walsh just try and take 1B and run with it.  Seems like a bad sign that they don’t think he’s an obviously better option then Pujols who really, really is not difficult to outshine.  I’m not even a huge believer in Walsh yet.  It just seems like he’s plainly the better option.  Spring training aside.  He was good last year.  Doesn’t that earn him any rope at all ?? Jeez. 

I'm sure you meant obp.  

and you're preaching to the choir.  I'd had a front row seat on the Walsh bandwagon since 2017.  I think he'll start tomorrow.  It's easy to explain away the first couple games.  

What's really going to create a bit of board interest is when Joe starts Rojas tomorrow instead.  😉