• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. White Sox (4-2-2021)

Chuck

55 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I just feel like they should be figuring out ways to play Pujols as little as possible.  On account of him being not good.  It’s still so early so it dumb for me to bitch about it.  But I don’t like the idea that they’re figuring out ways for him to play over Walsh.  We know what the deal is with Pujols.  He’s a sub .300 OBP guy.  Occasionally he’ll donk one out.  He can’t run.  He’s not going to have a renaissance.  I really don’t get not letting Walsh just try and take 1B and run with it.  Seems like a bad sign that they don’t think he’s an obviously better option then Pujols who really, really is not difficult to outshine.  I’m not even a huge believer in Walsh yet.  It just seems like he’s plainly the better option.  Spring training aside.  He was good last year.  Doesn’t that earn him any rope at all ?? Jeez. 

Arte Moreno is the owner and he wants his money's worth out of his overpaid vets...Always been that way. Don't see why that would change now.

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

thanks for mapping out my not so subtle joke.  

pants and socks.  then shoes.  

I’ve been accused of this in the past

2 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

Maddon.....disciple of the Scioscia coaching tree.

F’n Scioscia 

I agree

Stats from the last full season 2019 - Runners in Scoring Position: 

Albert hit .294/.362/.551 with runners in scoring position in 136 at bats in 2019

Ohtani hit .292/.368/.521

Trout hit .297/.489/.670

Upton hit .258 / .357 / .500

Fletch hit .328 / .396 / .429

Simmons .235 / .297 / .284

Calhoun  .211 / .353 / .390

La Stella .250 / .296 / .382

Goodwin .205 / .343 / .313

Thaiss .214 / .233 / .500

Rendon .365 / .463 / .667

Pujols' average plate appearances per RBI was an elite 8th in the American League at 5.86 - Trout had 5.77 - Ohtani 6.85.

He's not as good as he used to be, but he is still an Rbi machine. 

2 hours ago, Warfarin said:

Same lineup as yesterday.  Understand Pujols getting the start vs a LHP.  Would have liked to have seen Lagares play in RF, but I guess Fowler will be given the majority of starts for now.

Guessing Walsh starts at 1B tomorrow with Pujols shifting to DH.  Suzuki likely catches.

The worst thing about this roster is Fowler hitting against lefties. It's pure stupidity.