• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Per his Instagram, Ty Buttrey is retiring from the game of baseball

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Again, there's a difference between questioning and assuming, between having doubt and jumping to conclusions. One leads to a more open-minded and charitable view, the other to castigation. I'm arguing against the latter, not the former (which I have some of).

I think you're expecting everyone to respond similarly even though everyone is different and there is gray between being charitable in thought and pure castigation.  To me, that's the biggest problem with what we encounter on a daily basis.  There's no gray anymore because everyone has the opportunity to write down the most extremist thing in their brain.  Not everyone thinks one way or another.  Slight disagreement creates instant polarity because it's all done behind a keyboard without nuance, body language, context or common civility.   People used to politely disagree and move on because they were face to face and most people aren't savages at heart.  Now everything is a war.    Sorry, I'm now weaving in my issues with social media.  

1 minute ago, m0nkey said:

Those of you that actually have jobs, how many actually truly love what you do? I’ve always figured the best you could do is not hate it. 

I like my job for the most part.  Like every job, it has its flaws (some co-workers, certain tiers of managers/mangement, etc), but overall I think it's fairly rewarding.  I encourage others to find a job they at least find interesting, so they can perhaps better endure the aspects of the job they do not enjoy.

15 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Um, really? He would have been sent to AAA and would have very likely been back up. I mean, it is possible that he's as stupid and petty as you think he is, but again, that's a big assumption.

My point was that he lost the job he wanted. 

9 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I love what I do but some days really really suck.  But do I feel like it's work?  Fuck yes.  

Pretty much this.  I've got a great boss and mentor but the company I've been with can be a case study like quite a few businesses.  The company I work for now looks a lot different than the one I started with and part of me likes being a part of trying to work our way back but it definitely comes with different stresses. 

40 minutes ago, Taylor said:

"Financially secure" looks different for everyone. If you want to own a nice home in SoCal and travel often, then you must make a lot more money to be financially secure. But someone who lives in a less expensive area and doesn't desire a lavish lifestyle can make a lot less and still be financially secure.

Yes

24 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Those of you that actually have jobs, how many actually truly love what you do? I’ve always figured the best you could do is not hate it. 

This may sound weird but I love the company I work for more than I love what I actually do.  I certainly don’t hate what I do and I actually like it.  But the first 5 years I was in this role, I didn’t care for it.

32 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I think you're expecting everyone to respond similarly even though everyone is different and there is gray between being charitable in thought and pure castigation.  To me, that's the biggest problem with what we encounter on a daily basis.  There's no gray anymore because everyone has the opportunity to write down the most extremist thing in their brain.  Not everyone thinks one way or another.  Slight disagreement creates instant polarity because it's all done behind a keyboard without nuance, body language, context or common civility.   People used to politely disagree and move on because they were face to face and most people aren't savages at heart.  Now everything is a war.    Sorry, I'm now weaving in my issues with social media.  

I agree with this, Doc, and feel similarly re: social media. But this also explains my view - which is that I'm disagreeing with pure castigation (or should I say, calstigation?), not the gray scale stuff.

But yeah, we're in trouble, culturally.

Just now, mmc said:

Why are people acting like there has to be some deeper meaning behind his statement?  To me all it shows is he felt he owed the fans clarity as to what exactly is going on with him so they aren’t left wondering.  

Hell it could be a little bit of everything.  He could have lost his passion.  He could have never had passion.  He could have tried to prove people wrong.  He could have done it because he was good at it.  He could have retired because he wasn’t having the success he expected so it turned into more work.  Oh and he could come back in a year or two with more clarity about how he feels about pitching.