• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Per his Instagram, Ty Buttrey is retiring from the game of baseball

Just now, Angelsjunky said:

I agree with this, Doc, and feel similarly re: social media. But this also explains my view - which is that I'm disagreeing with pure castigation (or should I say, calstigation?), not the gray scale stuff.

But yeah, we're in trouble, culturally.

Maybe I did a lousy job of explaining myself earlier, but to me it isn’t about doing a job you despise because it pays well.  It is about understanding that most people will never get to do something they are passionate about and turn it into a successful career.  So it is probably best to find something you don’t mind doing, and then find what they like about it and focus on that.  

Just now, Stradling said:

Maybe I did a lousy job of explaining myself earlier, but to me it isn’t about doing a job you despise because it pays well.  It is about understanding that most people will never get to do something they are passionate about and turn it into a successful career.  So it is probably best to find something you don’t mind doing, and then find what they like about it and focus on that.  

OK, fair enough - I don't disagree with you here, although would say that I would encourage something to give it there all, and keep trying and trying again, while at the same time be open to compromising and finding other work, while still pursuing what they love. 

I think, also, there are ways to continue doing what you love, but support it with something that pays the bills. A lot of art teachers do this, for instance. 

He's a HS graduate. If he would have been offered minimum wage to pitch in the minors, do you really think he would have signed to show people they were wrong about him?

I'm thinking the $1.3 million dollar signing bonus made his decision easy. That's why I'm not buying the whole "money doesn't matter" argument.

16 minutes ago, Lou said:

He's a HS graduate. If he would have been offered minimum wage to pitch in the minors, do you really think he would have signed to show people they were wrong about him?

I'm thinking the $1.3 million dollar signing bonus made his decision easy. That's why I'm not buying the whole "money doesn't matter" argument.

He's saying the money isn't enough to keep him playing. I don't remember him saying it had nothing to do with why got into baseball.

Barry Sanders retired at 30 despite being one of the best RB of all time.

"The reason I am retiring is simple: My desire to exit the game is greater than my desire to remain in it. I have searched my heart through and through and feel comfortable with this decision."

22 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Barry Sanders retired at 30 despite being one of the best RB of all time.

"The reason I am retiring is simple: My desire to exit the game is greater than my desire to remain in it. I have searched my heart through and through and feel comfortable with this decision."

Chuck has zero sympathy for Barry Sanders. Bye bitch!

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Those look like 2 entirely different issues.

If they can't keep a job, there's a whole hell of a lot more going on then "just waiting to find something they truly love".

When most people don’t care about a job they half ass it and either get fired or find a reason to quit.