• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GameDay Thread: Angels @ Reds 3/15/2021 - Alex Cobb on the bump!

Chuck

14 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Sandoval is our Mexican C.J. Wilson. Good stuff, but a true nibbler and while he flashes good stuff and outings here and there, he can incredibly frustrating to watch. 

On the bright side, he’s a lot younger (24) than what Nibs was when arriving here 9 years ago.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I wish we got a report on Jose Alberto Rivera's velocity.

Hopefully Peña isn't out too long and hopefully Upton's illness doesn't last long. I'd hate to see Upton's spring get interrupted for a chunk of time because I feel like that the cancelled ST in 2020 messed him up at the 2020 shortened season.

Great game from the standpoint...

Ohtani continues to look like a beast at the plate.

Cobb looks fantastic. 

Iglesias continues his amazing spring. 

Adell's oppo HR is a continuation of what has been a great spring at the plate.

Trout's defense was fantastic and I'm not just talking about his diving catch. 

JAR made his debut and looked great. The fastball looked hot. I think he makes the team if he gets 3-4 more innings of clean ball in. 

11 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Cobb looks fantastic. 

JAR made his debut and looked great. The fastball looked hot. I think he makes the team if he gets 3-4 more innings of clean ball in. 

Especially if Pena is out.  

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

Especially if Pena is out.  

I'd just hate to give JAR back to the Astros then see him become a valuable member of their bullpen down the road. 

When you got a guy who can hit high 90's, touch triple digits with a good knockout secondary pitch...that has all the makings of a future closer. 

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'd just hate to give JAR back to the Astros then see him become a valuable member of their bullpen down the road. 

When you got a guy who can hit high 90's, touch triple digits with a good knockout secondary pitch...that has all the makings of a future closer. 

Phantom injury -- send him to "rehab" at extended ST...  profit....

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Sandoval is our Mexican C.J. Wilson. Good stuff, but a true nibbler and while he flashes good stuff and outings here and there, he can incredibly frustrating to watch. 

I actually think he is not a nibbler.  I think his execution is lacking.  When he learns to repeat his motion consistently enough to develop an average level of control, I think you will see a different pitcher.  He doesn't seem to be able to control location, and the more emotional he becomes, the less control he demonstrates.  I am told, left handed pitchers take longer to develop than right handed pitchers.  Why?  I don't know.  This is what it would look like in the minors if Sandoval pitched, except fewer hitters would be able to hit his numerous mistakes.

14 minutes ago, eligrba said:

I actually think he is not a nibbler.  I think his execution is lacking.  When he learns to repeat his motion consistently enough to develop an average level of control, I think you will see a different pitcher.  He doesn't seem to be able to control location, and the more emotional he becomes, the less control he demonstrates.  I am told, left handed pitchers take longer to develop than right handed pitchers.  Why?  I don't know.  This is what it would look like in the minors if Sandoval pitched, except fewer hitters would be able to hit his numerous mistakes.

They are also dicking around with the new balls during ST..   I've read other reports of guys saying they are missing with them a lot more, that the balls are moving a little differently.

10 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

They are also dicking around with the new balls during ST..   I've read other reports of guys saying they are missing with them a lot more, that the balls are moving a little differently.

Bundy said the other day that the ball itself doesn’t feel any different than before, but it seems like they’re not rubbing them up like they do normally. He said it felt like they were fresh out of the packaging. Guessing that changes once the regular season starts.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Cobb looks fantastic. 

Right on Chuck! I saw a lot of hope today as well, we are not the 50/50 Angels anymore, I don't believe it.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

I hate when balls move differently than expected.  Can lead to serious injury.  

Maybe that's how we get Rivera on the DL - wayward balls.