• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Curt Schilling: I will not participate in the final year of voting. I am requesting to be removed from the ballot.

rafibomb

11 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Personally, I don't think he belongs in the hall.  

216 wins over 20 years is only 10 wins a season.  That's just longevity, not hall worthy.  His 162 game average was a 15-10 record.  Again, not hall worthy.  Career ERA is 3.46, Whip is 1.137 which are good.  6 all stars out of 20 years.  But another big thing is 0 cy youngs, 0 MVP's.  He couldn't even be the best in a year.  

So again, IMO, I don't see how he's even close to being elected in.  

jensen ackles kids GIF

This is why the HOF is meaningless and lame now.  Too many things contaminating the whole process that have nothing to do with whether or not the guy was one of the best players of all time or not.

And at the center of it is people who vote with the mindset that it is an individual award being given to the player, rather than a museum making decisions on what to include or exclude for historical accuracy.  How the individual player feels being voted in or not should be meaningless.  It’s not though.  They want to personally award and personally deny certain players as personal punishment.  Stupid.

This ship has sailed.  The irony is the HOF process, reputation and accuracy is arguably far more “contaminated” than anything Schilling has has ever actually done or said.

Edited by Dtwncbad

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

This is why the HOF is meaningless and lame now.  Too many things contaminating the whole process that have nothing to do with whether or not the guy was one of the best players of all time or not.

And at the center of it is people who vote with the mindset that it is an independent visual award being given to the player, rather than a museum making decisions on what to include or exclude for historical accuracy.

This ship has sailed.  The irony is the HOF process, reputation and accuracy is arguably far more “contaminated” than anything Schilling has has ever actually done or said.

The HOF is a joke because Schilling hasn't been voted in? Okay.

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

God you are dumb.

I think it's dumb to write off a historical MLB institution over this. I know you're not claiming this is the only reason, but come on. Visiting the HOF is a bucket list item for every baseball fan. I'll be taking my kids there someday.

P.S. I don't think you're dumb, just your take.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Heyman continues to be an idiot.  What possible justification is there for voting for Bonds but NOT Clemens?  (Side note: I think both should be in, and I honestly don't care one way or the other about Schilling.  I just think Schilling is being a little bitch)

Jeff Kent?

I know he has the HR title for 2Bs, but anything aside that? Do his advanced stats support the HOF? I always thought he was kind of overrated, but maybe I missed something

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Heyman continues to be an idiot.  What possible justification is there for voting for Bonds but NOT Clemens?  (Side note: I think both should be in, and I honestly don't care one way or the other about Schilling.  I just think Schilling is being a little bitch)

The idiot spelled Andruw wrong. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Someone asked for a baseball reason that he shouldn’t be in the HOF, how bout 9 seasons of 20 where he was under .500?  By the way, I think he’s a hall of famer, but obviously it’s close. 

For years I have people tell wins and losses are a poor stat for a pitcher.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm guessing at least 10% of the players in the Hall have done and/or said far worse shit than Bonds, Clemens, Schilling etc...Hell even Rose for that matter.

Just let them all in. It's stupid.

It does show how much of an absolute knob Schilling is when he still manages to alienate himself in a sport where many players, fans, and writers share his political views anyway.