• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obama administration collecting your phone records from Verizon

I don't think we'll be hearing from red or LTH in this thread. If we do, it will be the predictable, "But Republican administrations do the same thing" response.

This kind of BS statement where you specifically call people out before giving them a chance to respond is pretty freaking lame.

Why should they respond to you if you're basically going to walk into the room and say "Hey, f*ck you, jackass. I bet you're going to not want to talk with me now." ?

...and this practice (the surveillance) is insanely troubling.

It's bullcrap of the highest order.

However... how is this news to anybody? It's been reported countless times before that such technology was up and running as best I can recall. I thought it was bullcrap then and I think it's bullcrap now.

...and here's why the jackasses that authored the Patriot Act were stupid:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/06/author-patriot-act-says-phone-records-collection-excessive/

If that's really how he feels and never thought it would be used like this by Obama, Bush or whoever, he's stupid. They're all stupid if they didn't see this coming.

What a bunch of jerks.

Also, Verizon sucks. I'm sure that every other provider has the same thing going.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/06/author-patriot-act-says-phone-records-collection-excessive/

If that's really how he feels and never thought it would be used like this by Obama, Bush or whoever, he's stupid. They're all stupid if they didn't see this coming.

What a bunch of jerks.

Also, Verizon sucks. I'm sure that every other provider has the same thing going.

John Ashcroft is a POS moron.   He deserves everything happening to Americans due to the stupid Patriot Act. 

Remember that late 90's movie with Gene Hackman and Will Smith, "Enemy of the State"?  Remember how far fetched it seemed at the time? 

Totally. Will Smith could never have cleared that building. The explosion would have destroyed him

What a bunch of jerks.

I'm sick of them. They're calling me at least once a day trying to get me to "upgrade" to their Fios system. Says it won't cost me anything. Sure.

Obama was against the snooping before he was for it:

http://obamaspeeches.com/041-The-PATRIOT-Act-Obama-Speech.htm

“…And if someone wants to know why their own government has decided to go on a fishing expedition through every personal record or private document – through library books they’ve read and phone calls they’ve made – this legislation gives people no rights to appeal the need for such a search in a court of law. No judge will hear their plea, no jury will hear their case.
This is just plain wrong
. Giving law enforcement the tools they need to investigate suspicious activity is one thing – and it’s the right thing –
but doing it without any real oversight seriously jeopardizes the rights of all Americans and the ideals America stands for.”

I'm sick of them. They're calling me at least once a day trying to get me to "upgrade" to their Fios system. Says it won't cost me anything. Sure.

FiOS is pretty cool.

Also, the NSA can collect your communications information really quickly with it.

That's nice for them.

This kind of BS statement where you specifically call people out before giving them a chance to respond is pretty freaking lame.

Why should they respond to you if you're basically going to walk into the room and say "Hey, f*ck you, jackass. I bet you're going to not want to talk with me now." ?

LOL. I will give credit where credit is due. Touché.

The only way to get rid of it is to make it the core issue. People have to quit voting for pet personal issues or national party affiliation like our Soviet comrades did and vote based on who believes in the Constitution and who is willing to act on that belief.

Otherwise, you get professional politicians who vote based on their donor list. Every word out of their mouths is a word that is fed to them by a corporate interest who sees you as a potential market and not a citizen with any rights that you are willing to defend in any real way.