• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obama administration collecting your phone records from Verizon

They have been on the defensive since the story came out.

"We have been doing it forever."

"Nobody has complained." - Lol nobody has complained about their super secret program

"It has worked to stop terrorism."

What a joke.

I guess I am in bad trouble. I have photos in my Verizon account of me wearing an American flag T-shirt with the provocative words I love America. Even worse I sometimes wear a ball cap that says proudly served River Rats Mekong Delta 1968. I suspect one even has me carrying a flag that said "Don't tread on me" in front of my congressman's office when he voted to squander my grandkids future earnings. Big Brother has a long memory and reaches far.

Pondering what a attorney will cost.

Pics or it didn't happen

The White House defended the program this morning and basically said they won't change a thing.

Who's really going to stop them at this point? 

The white house isn't the only one to defend this program.  Nice to see Dems and Republicans standing together to rape us of our rights:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/lindsey-graham-m-glad-nsa-collecting-phone-records-151211411.html

I was reading another telling article about who in congress has been supporting these acts.  At first, most of the ones who were against this were Dems.  Now dems support this and some republicans, the ones who rank and file supported Bush's proposals are now against it.

Pure, unadulterated politics. 

I was reading another telling article about who in congress has been supporting these acts.  At first, most of the ones who were against this were Dems.  Now dems support this and some republicans, the ones who rank and file supported Bush's proposals are now against it.

Pure, unadulterated politics. 

Lol, yeah, can't be seen supporting the other party.  So sad.

AO had better watch his step!

Just kidding, AO, but really?!?! All our internet activity is now recorded?!

"Outrage" is a word that doesn't even scratch the surface of this atrocity!!

Two of my friends got a letter the other day from national security saying that their phones had been tapped for three months because they had been in contact with a known drug dealer.  One of my friends, I admit, is kind of a trouble maker--but the other one is an upstanding citizen; the only reason his (the latter, upstanding friend's) phone was tapped, is because he happened to call the "trouble maker" one day and ask how he was doing.  I never recieved a letter, but wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that the government had been listening to my conversations too.  Hell, they're probably taking note of this message board post as I write it.  F*** the Patriot Act.    

Well, there really is a threat of terrorism. 9/11 was not a farce.

But clearly the government has overreached in invading our privacy. No question about it.

I would agree that the Patriot Act was a very poor response to the original problem.

There is no question that the world is a more dangerous place than in years past. However, one day of terrorism has been used as an excuse to erode our freedoms to a point never seen before in history.

There is no question that the world is a more dangerous place than in years past. However, one day of terrorism has been used as an excuse to erode our freedoms to a point never seen before in history.

I agree that this is a scary situation. But one day of terrorism? It hasn't just been one day.

...meet the new boss... same as the old boss.

Im sorry i still laugh at anyone who thinks there is any difference whatever between political parties in this country.

Between this and the fact that they are also now monitoring Internet traffic, we have no right to privacy anymore and as far as im concerned have completely lost our identity as a nation.