• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obama administration collecting your phone records from Verizon

You all are funny. I've just begun to wade in on this political forum as I normal use twitter as my platform. Saying Liberals will be silent, I say bollocks. I lean left and you know what, I'm all for it what the NSA is doing.

I see the same people on multiple social platforms distributing their footprint both real and virtually without restraint. All of a sudden, we are in an uproar when the shit has been going down for almost decades. It is all a joke really.

I just don't understand this selective outrage to support a specific political narrative or POV. But that's just me. I will allow for you to return to your normal sophistry. I'm out.

The footprint distributed by liking a picture of your friends cat or broadcasting a youtube link on twitter is completely different than hoarding info and metadata from someone's calls/skypes/cloud drives/email/phone records/etc and using that for systematic populace profiling. With the former you have no expectation of privacy, but you definitely do with the latter.

IMO this should be causing a bigger uproar than it is.  

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/07/27/us/27holder-letter-russian-justice-minister.html?ref=europe

The Attorney General wrote a letter to the Russians promising not to torture or kill Snowden. The poblem with this is- how can he be sure that this promise won't be overridden by a secret court that we haven't yet had revealed to us by the next Snowden? How can we be sure that we have any rights left that haven't been struck down in secret court? 

GOD BLESS AMERICA?

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/07/27/us/27holder-letter-russian-justice-minister.html?ref=europe

The Attorney General wrote a letter to the Russians promising not to torture or kill Snowden. The poblem with this is- how can he be sure that this promise won't be overridden by a secret court that we haven't yet had revealed to us by the next Snowden? How can we be sure that we have any rights left that haven't been struck down in secret court?

GOD BLESS AMERICA?

I wish that I could have told someone in 1984 "Guess what? In about 30 years we'll be promising Russia that we won't torture and kill our own citizens!"

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You all are funny. I've just begun to wade in on this political forum as I normal use twitter as my platform. Saying Liberals will be silent, I say bollocks. I lean left and you know what, I'm all for it what the NSA is doing.

I see the same people on multiple social platforms distributing their footprint both real and virtually without restraint. All of a sudden, we are in an uproar when the shit has been going down for almost decades. It is all a joke really.

I just don't understand this selective outrage to support a specific political narrative or POV. But that's just me. I will allow for you to return to your normal sophistry. I'm out.

ya the bill of rights and consitution has got to be one of the most inane narratives I've ever come across