• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obama administration collecting your phone records from Verizon

Snowden is incredibly courageous. I've already heard several authoritarian CFR puppets like King, Graham and Feinstein calling for his torturemurder, and arrest.

Tough questions Rallymo. When you're playing a rigged game the correct course of action is seldom to keep playing by the rules.

Obama was against the snooping before he was for it:

http://obamaspeeches.com/041-The-PATRIOT-Act-Obama-Speech.htm

“…And if someone wants to know why their own government has decided to go on a fishing expedition through every personal record or private document – through library books they’ve read and phone calls they’ve made – this legislation gives people no rights to appeal the need for such a search in a court of law. No judge will hear their plea, no jury will hear their case. This is just plain wrong. Giving law enforcement the tools they need to investigate suspicious activity is one thing – and it’s the right thing – but doing it without any real oversight seriously jeopardizes the rights of all Americans and the ideals America stands for.”

People in the Legislative branch are all for oversight... people in the Executive branch, not so much.

A petition to pardon Edward Snowden already has 28,000 signatures on the White House's "We the People" website. It needs 100,000 for an official response from the White House.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/10/usa-security-petition-idUSL2N0EM1HY20130610?feedType=RSS&feedName=telcommunicationsServicesSector

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/pardon-edward-snowden/Dp03vGYD

Ya know, I wonder if the Attorney General would really even file or pursue charges -- of any kind -- against Snowden.  AG/Obama might be afraid of a challenge that would ultimately embarrass the White House.

A petition to pardon Edward Snowden already has 28,000 signatures on the White House's "We the People" website. It needs 100,000 for an official response from the White House.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/10/usa-security-petition-idUSL2N0EM1HY20130610?feedType=RSS&feedName=telcommunicationsServicesSector

It will be a weak complaint with not alot of punch to it.  They'll want this thing to just sort of fade away which is what the game plan is with Benghazi, the IRS/Tea Party caper, etc.

I'm interested to see if the American prees allows that to happen this time around.

They have been on the defensive since the story came out.

"We have been doing it forever."

"Nobody has complained." - Lol nobody has complained about their super secret program

"It has worked to stop terrorism.".

They have the ultimate trump card built in - it stops terrorist attacks. Sadly, there are enough people around willing to turn a blind eye because it somehow keeps us safer.

And how much do you think people will want to put their name on something public to complain about the gov't?

And how much do you think people will want to put their name on something public to complain about the gov't?

Wait what? When I made that post 28,000 people had signed that petition. Now that number is over 40,000. At this rate it will be over 100,000 by the end of the week.

Feinstein says that Snowden committed an act of treason. That fetid rip also says that "there is no more direct or honest person than Jim Clapper". 

Clapper has been caught lying under oath in front of congress on March 12.

Senator Wyden: "Does the NSA collect any type of data at all on millions or hundreds of millions of Americans?"

James Clapper: "No, sir"

“Truth is treason in an empire of lies.”

Wait what? When I made that post 28,000 people had signed that petition. Now that number is over 40,000. At this rate it will be over 100,000 by the end of the week.

And I applaud their courage. Given the IRS scandal about members of certain political preferences being targeted and Verizon subscribers being monitored, do you really want your name and address on a petition that gov't officials are going to look at? I wouldn't, at least not right now. Who knows what kind of retribution they might do.

The Justice Department and FBI did not respond to requests for comment. But in a recent interview with NBC News, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper dismissed the idea that the records were being used to spy on innocent Americans. “The notion that we’re trolling through everyone’s emails and voyeuristically reading them, or listening to everyone’s phone calls is, on its face, absurd,” he said. “We couldn’t do that even if we wanted to.”

Bullshit. I'm absolutely livid with our government and their lies right now. I'd write a letter to let them know but I'm sure they'll just find out after I hit 'Post'.

This has been inevitable ever since you first heard the term "data mining". The part that twists my knickers is trying to say that getting it rubber stamped by a secret court makes it all legal and right. These sorry sacks of lying pigshit might be able to  protect me from a terrorist attack but who will protect me from them?

GOD BLESS AMERICA?

Daily Show nailed it.  In response to Obama's comments about how they brief Congress on PRISM, etc, John responded "I think you are misunderstanding the perceived problem, Mr. President.  No one is saying that you broke any laws.  We're just saying, it is a little bit weird that you didn't have to."