• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Major League Baseball in 2021

Inside Pitch

18 hours ago, ScottT said:

guess it means I won't get accused by some senile old af "security" dude at the Tempe Diablo Stadium practice fields of allegedly running onto the field to get a baseball.  I was not a kid when this alleged incident took place.  I was not even a young adult.   It was hilarious. 

25% capacity Tempe Diablo Stadium sounds awesome..

Ha - I was chastised for grabbing a HR ball off the LF grass after a workout.  Can't imagine the tongue lashing for "allegedly" running onto the field!

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30821842/what-know-know-start-mlb-spring-training-regular-season-rule-changes

Spring training is expected to start with limited fans throughout Florida and Arizona, pending local approval. The Boston Red Sox announced plans to have 24% capacity at their games in Fort Myers, the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals have spring training tickets on sale now, and the Arizona Diamondbacks, Colorado Rockies, Miami Marlins, Pittsburgh Pirates and St. Louis Cardinals are among teams that have announced plans to start spring with limited fans in attendance.

1 hour ago, ScottT said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30821842/what-know-know-start-mlb-spring-training-regular-season-rule-changes

Spring training is expected to start with limited fans throughout Florida and Arizona, pending local approval. The Boston Red Sox announced plans to have 24% capacity at their games in Fort Myers, the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals have spring training tickets on sale now, and the Arizona Diamondbacks, Colorado Rockies, Miami Marlins, Pittsburgh Pirates and St. Louis Cardinals are among teams that have announced plans to start spring with limited fans in attendance.

Marlins could announce a regular season max capacity of 24% and still see their attendance spike.

8 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Dumb. 

Professional contact sports (NBA, NFL, NHL) are good, but MLB isn't good to start on time? WTF

I agree and don't understand this. Baseball is all outside except for some stadiums with domes. You are far less likely to catch covid-19 outside. How many players tested positive last year for covid-19? I see no reason why the season shouldn't start on time.

19 hours ago, rafibomb said:

7-inning doubleheaders is a good thing.   Saves a lot of wear and tear on bullpens and allows for a shortened season.

The man on 2nd is  a huge departure from tradition, however, I think MLB wanted to limit regular season extra innings no matter what and the alternative might have been to introduce the tie (perhaps after the 10th).  Pure speculation but it makes sense that they look for any way to save money (the cost of paying park staff with little or no additional revenue from concessions or TV).  As long as it isnt introduced into the playoffs its a meh for me.

Universal DH is a negotiating chip for the next CBA. so not ideal, but there are a lot of NL fans happy about its absence.  I wont stress about it unless and until the Angels are in the World Series.